Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
The depth of the PL has to be what's helping these clubs find the fight to come back like this. Tottenham and Liverpool have to navigate a competitive top six where your Juves, your Bayerns, and your Ajaxes have none or one main competitors basically in the league every year.

On top of that, I think the EPL has the most competitive mid-table. I don't think La Liga or the Bundesliga really have the collection of squads that can hurt you on any given day like the EPL does. Playing the Watfords and Leicesters and Wolves of the league also helps keep you competitive each week. I know there's that "Can he do it in Stoke on a rainy Tuesday" joke about how the English tend to pump up their mid-table teams too much, but it's actually true at this point, I think.

Liverpool and Tottenham were in a fight every week that they're not playing Huddersfield this year. Even Fulham pushed Liverpool at Craven Cottage a few weeks ago. EPL squads are blooded in battle more than the other European leagues, I guess.

Then again, I could be wrong about the league preparing PL teams for CL play because Tottenham hasn't even won in the league in what seems like forever, but somehow they're pulling off three-goal comebacks away from home. Maybe Pochettino just decided to focus on winning CL rather than to bother with getting top four. :lolbron:

The EPL is the home of fukkery as far back as I can remember. shyt never goes according to plan. I mean look at Origis winner against Everton this season :heh:

Liverpool have scored the most late winners in the league this season. We been doing this all season.. Obviously not to this extent and against these odds. To even make it through the groups stages we had to beat Napoli and keep a clean sheet to progress. I guess the boys have become way more resilient. We been playing under final conditions every week for months with the margins so thin in the title race.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I know it's been present throughout this thread but this final really mean top 6 fans can't say "Where's Liverpool/Spurs' trophy?" after :lupe:

But still we gotta do it three for three. Last time a team debuted in the final they lost (Chelsea), so did the team before (Arsenal). London clubs against storied teams - let the pattern continue :wow:

Daps
Reppin
South London
The depth of the PL has to be what's helping these clubs find the fight to come back like this. Tottenham and Liverpool have to navigate a competitive top six where your Juves, your Bayerns, and your Ajaxes have none or one main competitors basically in the league every year.

On top of that, I think the EPL has the most competitive mid-table. I don't think La Liga or the Bundesliga really have the collection of squads that can hurt you on any given day like the EPL does. Playing the Watfords and Leicesters and Wolves of the league also helps keep you competitive each week. I know there's that "Can he do it in Stoke on a rainy Tuesday" joke about how the English tend to pump up their mid-table teams too much, but it's actually true at this point, I think.

Liverpool and Tottenham were in a fight every week that they're not playing Huddersfield this year. Even Fulham pushed Liverpool at Craven Cottage a few weeks ago. EPL squads are blooded in battle more than the other European leagues, I guess.

Then again, I could be wrong about the league preparing PL teams for CL play because Tottenham hasn't even won in the league in what seems like forever, but somehow they're pulling off three-goal comebacks away from home. Maybe Pochettino just decided to focus on winning CL rather than to bother with getting top four. :lolbron:

All facts.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
North London where the man dem shower:blessed:

:seckle::wanyama::kingyeah::VICGRIN:

@BlackBall @merklman @EQ. @tophy7 @Max B
:dapps:

:wow: Somehow doesn't feel real :wow:

If you had told me during the AVB era

giphy.gif

or the Timmy era

c3af37219411d302547f63f482570ba37a3ff1d28e2afea77797743c6b94610d_large

That we would one day get the final of a Champions League I woulda hit you with the

harry-lol.png
harry-lol.png
harry-lol.png
harry-lol.png
harry-lol.png
harry-lol.png
harry-lol.png
harry-lol.png
harry-lol.png

No matter what happens the team has overachieved and should be proud of tonight.

To all my Spurs bruhs @BlackBall @merklman @EQ. @tophy7 @Max B

THvLP_Bonus.gif