Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
OR THEY MIGHT BE SO DEMORALIZED THAT THEY TOTALLY COLLAPSE

giphy.gif
Inshallah :blessed:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Facts

But I guess they felt obliged to. Had they appointed Poch and he went on a losing streak as expected with this Man U squad everyone would be saying OGS was the natural choice etc

On paper tho it’s Poch. That’s a no brainer. Maybe OGS will prove his mettle over time if they stick with him and back him...I personally would’ve went with the safer option.
Poch would have finished the season with Spurs. So that’s not really an excuse. It was a cowardly move that probably won’t work but we’ll see.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I don't think he got outcoached here. There's not much you can do when your defenders just decide to fall asleep

Waiting too long to bring on Sane and KDB in the first leg and slowing the game down in the last 10 minutes + stoppage time today were definite coaching errors. They "scored" late but only after a quick counter with Spurs defenders out of position and on their heels.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Man...I didn’t watch the game. I’m not a Man City fan nor Tottenham fan but it sucks for City to lose like that. I’m starting to not be a fan of the aggregate format but that is what makes soccer unique.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I don't think he got outcoached here. There's not much you can do when your defenders just decide to fall asleep

I think he was far too cautious in the first leg. There is no reason why KDB shouldn't have come on at half time or even started. Mahrez was a joke. Should have had Sane instead of him.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Waiting too long to bring on Sane and KDB in the first leg and slowing the game down in the last 10 minutes + stoppage time today were definite coaching errors. They "scored" late but only after a quick counter with Spurs defenders out of position and on their heels.
Nah you reaching. Spurs were thoroughly outplayed.

Man City made mistakes and Spurs took advantage and were lucky.

That's not getting out coached.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I think he was far too cautious in the first leg. There is no reason why KDB shouldn't have come on at half time or even started. Mahrez was a joke. Should have had Sane instead of him.

Nah breh, a 1 nil first leg loss should never have been a factor here. They played well enough to exorcise any ghosts from the first leg, just got REALLY unlucky

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Let's be real here. Joflop Fraudiola flopped. First leg was shocking, Sane came on late, City didn't even get one away goal, which I knew would come back to bite them. De Bruyne come on late too.

Second leg, Sane come on late yet again. He seems to get mighty shook around this stage of the CL. How you gon be shook of Tottenham of all teams? :scust:

Absolute fraud who can't win CL's without Messi. Dude had a stacked Bayern team and still flopped. Unbelievable. Might be the most fraudulent manager the world as witnessed. :laff:

buh buh tiki - taka, breh if you don't get that shyt outta here. Tiki - taka without Messi is like a car without wheels. :camby: