Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Which players both present and in the past were better for their national team/known more for their national team achievements than for their club(s).

Biggest one I can think of is probably Miroslav Klose. Dude is Germany's all time scorer and has the most goals scored at World Cup Finals. However, his club career was alright at best.

Of present, I think Memphis Depay is potentially shaping up to be that way.

Gheorghe Hagi

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Gheorghe Hagi

See I was going to put him and Prosinecki. While Hagi only had 1 good season out of 4 with Real and Barca, he was good with Brescia (played there the season of USA94), Gala (till his retirement) and Steaua (That got his move to Real)

Prosinecki had more of a nomad club career, so country > club form probably him fits him better.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
See I was going to put him and Prosinecki. While Hagi only had 1 good season out of 4 with Real and Barca, he was good with Brescia (played there the season of USA94), Gala (till his retirement) and Steaua (That got his move to Real)

Prosinecki had more of a nomad club career, so country > club form probably him fits him better.

To be honest I don't really remember anything from his club career but when breh put on that Romania shirt he turned into a superhero.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which players both present and in the past were better for their national team/known more for their national team achievements than for their club(s).

Biggest one I can think of is probably Miroslav Klose. Dude is Germany's all time scorer and has the most goals scored at World Cup Finals. However, his club career was alright at best.

Milan Baros?

Daps
Reppin
London

Nicklas Bendtner

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

A lot of African players who have won the African cup