Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Which players both present and in the past were better for their national team/known more for their national team achievements than for their club(s).

Biggest one I can think of is probably Miroslav Klose. Dude is Germany's all time scorer and has the most goals scored at World Cup Finals. However, his club career was alright at best.

Of present, I think Memphis Depay is potentially shaping up to be that way.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Which players both present and in the past were better for their national team/known more for their national team achievements than for their club(s).

Biggest one I can think of is probably Miroslav Klose. Dude is Germany's all time scorer and has the most goals scored at World Cup Finals. However, his club career was alright at best.

Of present, I think Memphis Depay is potentially shaping up to be that way.

Memphis has been fine for Lyon. He is in the top 5 chances created in Europe. It's only at United he didn't perform at Club level.

Podolski is another.
Schweinsteiger until LVG got to Bayern and moved him inside.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ochoa always and still does show up for the national team, idk how he's had such a shytty club career

The only 2 thing I can think of as to why his club career has been shyt. 1. the top teams were scared of his dwarfism (for a keeper) 2. He just wanted to play football and didn't give a phuck who for. :ld:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Lowkey Portugal looking real good for 2020. Got mix of experience and youth.

Patricio still solid in the sticks.

Pepe brings experience to the back line. Got some young, promising talents at fullbacks (Semedo, Cancelo, Guerreiro).

Carvalho, Moutinho and Neves in the middle. Bernado Silva at the 10 with C Ronaldo and Jota/Andre Silva. Still got Guedes for pace.

Euro 2020 gonna be real interesting. Some very strong teams (at least on paper)

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Crap. Griezmann scored :francis:

I need him, Giroud, Pavard and Lloris to have poor seasons. Force Deschamps replace them with Martial, Dembele, Sidibe and Mandanda. All black France 2020 :wow:

Edit: Griezmann also assisted as well. Damn.