Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I'm not even talking about the Classico games.

C.Ron owns 3 other leagues? Can you confidently call him the undisputed GOAT of any league he has played in? La Liga is definitely out. Can you call C dot the undisputed GOAT of Italy or the EPL? :jbhmm:
He hasn't played long enough in one league to be goat of any. Messi been at la liga his whole damn life lmao. He's the greatest la liga player, but end of the day neutrals are going to respect the individual who played in 3 different leagues and won league titles there.

At 32 I expected Messi to leave for another league to prove his so called goat status. Heck even Raul who been at Madrid his whole life at the time left around Messi's age to a different team. Messi has won everything in Spain, but it's looking 100% certain that he's going to retire at barca. We know for a fact that if he pushed for move to England or Italy barca would not stop him.

Neither Ronaldo or Messi are the GOAT, to call them that is an insult to the actual GOATs, either Zidane, Brazil Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Pele. Peak Ronaldinho > Peak Messi and Peak C Ronaldo. Only thing they both got on dinho is goals.

Last edited:

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He hasn't played long enough in one league to be goat of any. Messi been at la liga his whole damn life lmao. He's the greatest la liga player, but end of the day neutrals are going to respect the individual who played in 3 different leagues and won league titles there.

At 32 I expected Messi to leave for another league to prove his so called goat status. Heck even Raul who been at Madrid his whole life at the time left around Messi's age to a different team. Messi has won everything in Spain, but it's looking 100% certain that he's going to retire at barca. We know for a fact that if he pushed for move to England or Italy barca would not stop him.
9 years in La Liga in his prime years not long enough ? :russ: casual:camby:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
If barca didn't have messi now, Real would actually be top of la liga. Real flopped because they got no good strikers. They create many chances but no striker to put them away.

LOOOOL they cant even beat ajax

Barca will always dominate

they go for players that fit the system

a system that starts with the under 8s

stop with the IFS and lets stick to facts

real are shyt without ronnie

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
9 years in La Liga in his prime years not long enough ? :russ: casual:camby:
Messi 15 years plus in La liga. Ronaldo 9 years

15 plus > years.

Also Ronaldo came to madrid side that was a new project. Barca always had a project and had just won the treble. Not a fair comparison. Took Ronaldo until 2012 to get his Madrid career going, he has Mourinho to thank for that.

funny, because I'd argue that the 11/12 Madrid side is the greatest la liga team of all time. Record points, record goals, record wins etc.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I always thought that it was sad to not see Ronaldinho be apart of the 2009 treble winning Barca team, I feel that pep could have have set him straight and brought the good form out of him again. Felt it was harsh when Barca got rid of him, the things he did for them previously should have allowed him to be apart of pep's squad, unless dinho wanted to leave himself. He deserved to be apart of a great team like that.

Sad to also not see the Brazilian ronaldo win a CL, I guess the two world winners could make up for it, but he deserved a CL. Would have actually won one if not for UEFA's cup tied rules which funnily enough is not a rule anymore. Smh. Should never have been a rule in the first place.

:mjlol: Dinho was done. And he was lazy defensively, why you think he was played on the LW at Barca, he was too much of a liability, this is documented as to why he was pushed there instead of playing as a #10. Pep wants worker bees, Dinho and Deco weren't that.

And let's not get into Dinho Coke/Groin injury that ended his time at Barca.

Barca getting rid of him was good business, he was on the decline and partying too much, the only thing that Barca did wrong was hold on to him for to long, they could of gotten more for him.

18m for a player in his so called prime. :mjlol: That just tells you everything, that he was damaged goods and they wanted rid of.

Nor did they want the new golden boy corrupted either. Just like Dinho did to Pato, later on.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Zlatan tells Class of 92 to stfu :myman:

He goes on: “They are not there any more. They are on TV and complaining all the time because they are not active in the club.

“If you want to work in the club, go and search for work in the club.

“So you cannot be on TV and always complaining and criticising. Yeah, ok, you’ve had your time, we know it.”

Ibrahimovic is close to Paul Pogba and insists the Frenchman was also unfairly analysed by former Old Trafford names, explaining: “With Pogba, he was with United when he was young, then he went out and he came back.

“And in the circle of Ferguson, they don’t like that. Because they stayed all their life under Ferguson and they never moved from Ferguson.

Zlatan explains why Sir Alex Ferguson era has made life tough for Man Utd today

:salute:

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Messi and Ronaldo can't be the GOAT, in fact no football player can claim that title, since football has changed so much over the years. Anybody who has played football at any level over the years can see these two players are very different and can't be compared, especially over the last 10 yrs and what they have done at that level is amazing, be it La Liga, Serie A etc. Some people saying La Liga is easy and they can't even score 10 goals in their local semi pro League, let alone 50. If a football fan props up ronaldo while dissing messi or vice versa, they get a:mjpls:from me.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Dap me if you think Messi is the GOAT

dap me if u think Ronaldinho Guacho is the goat :blessed:
rejoice.png

OnlyDiscreteKookaburra-size_restricted.gif