Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Dourado is a baller, but that’s a great move by Flamengo. They have enough depth to where he won’t be severely missed, and they end up selling him for more than they bought him for initially.

That’s why they are where they are, they have smart people in charge that make solid business decisions.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Brendon Rodgers gonna become the new Leicester manager? :ohhh:

@Fenian :mjcry:

It was only a matter of time. The board never really backed him, till this last winter window and that was only loans.

Leave the champions and guaranteed champions league football for a mid table EPL team

The disrespect to Scottish Football :wow:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Leave the champions and guaranteed champions league football for a mid table EPL team

The disrespect to Scottish Football :wow:

Too much phuckery going on in Scotland atm. I don't blame him leaving and really what else can he do, he cannot build anything there and they don't have the quality to make a Euro run.

Brodgers hasnt really enhanced his reputation either because he hasn't done anything in Europe, no runs or big victories away from home. Yeah he finally got trophies to his name, but he'll still be overlooked for the top jobs in England. So a team like Leicester is his best shot tbh. And they have players who fit his style minus Vardy.

Last edited:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
:gabismile:
It’s weird because a lot of the best players right now are guys who are older and
I want to say Rodrygo, but I don’t know how he’ll pan out. With him the talent is clearly there, but I don’t see the fire to be great. If you just watch his highlights he looks amazing, but he has too many games where he’s content just being out there. He’s still young, so I’m hoping he can develop into being that guy.

To be fair I’m probably more critical of Rodrygo, because I watch him play all of the time and I see more of his flaws. But this Twitter post during the game today kind of sums up how I feel about Rodrygo the majority of the time.

“Where’s Rodrygo Goes?”.

Pedrinho from Corinthians has a bright future. He’s a guy that’s been rated more so on talent than output, but I think he’ll have a break out year in 2019. I don’t know how good he’d be in Europe, but he could be a key piece for Corinthians for years to come.

-Lincoln from Flamengo is legit. He’s on the shelf for two months with an injury, but he’s definitely a player to watch. In terms of raw talent Lincoln’s probably the best young player. I feel bad for him, because he’s already getting the Vinicius Jr. comparisons. Which isn’t fair because he’s not as good, but he’s still a really good player.

-Helinho from São Paulo doesn’t get as much hype as the other members of the “Geração 2000”, but once he starts getting consistent playing time he’s going to be somebody that people really take notice of. He’s a guy that I’ve heard a lot about at the youth level, so I’m looking forward to seeing how he develops.

-Papagaio just signed on loan with CAM from Palmeiras. When he gets solid minutes he could be special. Everybody I hear talk about him says he’s natural born goal scorer, and a throwback #9. And he’s going to be on the same team as Ricardo Oliveira, he couldn’t have a better mentor in terms of being a centroavante.

Looks like Watford are back in the Brazilian market after the success of Richarlison deal. And they're interested in some of the players you mentioned :leon:

One player they are thought to be keen on signing is 24-year-old Corinthians striker Gustavo who has scored three goals in his last four starts in this season's Championship.

Elsewhere, the Hornets are also believed to be keen on Lincoln of Flamengo, but he is valued at around the £30m mark and may be beyond their budget, while a move for 17-year-old Martinelli at Ituano - the club run by former Middlesbrough player Juninho - is also thought to be under some consideration.

REPORTS: Hornets looking at Brazilian targets

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Brendon Rodgers gonna become the new Leicester manager? :ohhh:

@Fenian :mjcry:

fukk him. I get him leaving this Masonic shythole league but he’s fukkin left us scrambling here with a bunch of loan signings and no manager. After all his “boyhood dream” shyte this is how he leaves us?

Hope he gets relegated and never gets a big job again.

We should get Lenny back in permanently. He had what it took to succeed in Europe unlike Rodgers.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Looks like Watford are back in the Brazilian market after the success of Richarlison deal. And they're interested in some of the players you mentioned :leon:

One player they are thought to be keen on signing is 24-year-old Corinthians striker Gustavo who has scored three goals in his last four starts in this season's Championship.

Elsewhere, the Hornets are also believed to be keen on Lincoln of Flamengo, but he is valued at around the £30m mark and may be beyond their budget, while a move for 17-year-old Martinelli at Ituano - the club run by former Middlesbrough player Juninho - is also thought to be under some consideration.

REPORTS: Hornets looking at Brazilian targets

Pozzo's are back in the Brasilian market, Watford are just a vessel.

Marcio Amoroso :ohlawd:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
fukk him. I get him leaving this Masonic shythole league but he’s fukkin left us scrambling here with a bunch of loan signings and no manager. After all his “boyhood dream” shyte this is how he leaves us?

Hope he gets relegated and never gets a big job again.

We should get Lenny back in permanently. He had what it took to succeed in Europe unlike Rodgers.

And that's part of the reason, I'm not a fan of Brodgers. He's all talk but no substance, his teams do play attacking football, but he has no plan b.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
shout out to Brendan Rodgers causing meltdown in my Scottish relatives groupchat on WhatsApp this morning.
everybody knew he was leaving at the end of the season but now ? that is an absolutely bizarre decision by him.

Celtic should push the boat out for the Salzburg manager, Martinez or Howe..Wagner could be decent option.
but they'll appoint the cheap option and just be happy beating a terrible Rangers team they should have already buried this season.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
shout out to Brendan Rodgers causing meltdown in my Scottish relatives groupchat on WhatsApp this morning.
everybody knew he was leaving at the end of the season but now ? that is an absolutely bizarre decision by him.

Celtic should push the boat out for the Salzburg manager, Martinez or Howe..Wagner could be decent option.
but they'll appoint the cheap option and just be happy beating a terrible Rangers team they should have already buried this season.
Celtic would have the pull to get absolutely none of the managers you suggested

:pachaha: