Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
@Yayo Toure

Any thoughts on what happened with Sancho leaving Man City besides the general articles? This was before I started following so just wondering what the reaction was.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
@Yayo Toure

Any thoughts on what happened with Sancho leaving Man City besides the general articles? This was before I started following so just wondering what the reaction was.

City was caught off guard. Sancho went off the grid and deleted all City references from his social media. The club didn't really have a spot in the XI for him on a consistent basis, and with Sane and Sterling both being youngsters Sancho probably thought there was no other way to play alot of games, but to leave the club. He could've handled it better, but you can't say he made a bad move since he's been lighting it up this season.

IMO if Sancho stayed I doubt City would've bought Mahrez, and if Sancho was getting Mahrez's minutes and performing that's a pretty good return for a youngster. Foden is the same age and has gotten a decent run of games this season, more than most of his teammates with the U-17 world cup.

Another thing to note is it's a bit of a danger to be a consistent first team player when you are under 19. You see many guys who played alot when they were younger like Owen, Rooney flame out in their late 20s because of all the miles on them. There are exceptions to this of course.

From what I saw though there really is nothing City could have done to keep him. Luckily we got a nice sell on clause for him so when he makes that $100m move we get some money back.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
220px-Nas-gods-son-music-album.jpg

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Stream i'm watching the commentator mentioned ajax in the dortmund game. Wtf ajax got to do with this game? :mindblown:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I'm not watching the RM match but it sounds like they're officially :flabbynsick:

According to reports:

Ajax have absolutely dominated this game.

Thibaut Courtois made a brilliant save to deny Hakim Ziyech.

Then the controversial moment came from a header from a corner that then went in the back of the net but it was Dusan Tadic - belatedly - that was ruled offside. They had deserved to take the lead.

Ajax would be disappointed to be one-nil up at half time.

Ajax know that 0-0 is a bad result for them and if they don't win here then they only have themselves to blame as they have had enough chances.

We were waiting on their CL performances before completing the application to Larry Homes Gardens