Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
I now understand why I don’t feel most of these games matter - 24 out of the 36 teams advance to the knockout round. You kind of already know the majority of the 12 teams that won’t make it (your Shaktars, Sturm Graz, etc of the tournament). So a match like Aston Villa vs Bayern today - it doesn’t matter that much who wins. Those teams will get their points elsewhere.

The matches that actually have the most drama are shyt like Celtic vs Club Brugge on November 27, where both teams will be fighting for those last spots. So its kind of like a relegation battle more than anything else.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I now understand why I don’t feel most of these games matter - 24 out of the 36 teams advance to the knockout round. You kind of already know the majority of the 12 teams that won’t make it (your Shaktars, Sturm Graz, etc of the tournament). So a match like Aston Villa vs Bayern today - it doesn’t matter that much who wins. Those teams will get their points elsewhere.

The matches that actually have the most drama are shyt like Celtic vs Club Brugge on November 27, where both teams will be fighting for those last spots. So its kind of like a relegation battle more than anything else.

If your one of the bigger teams, finishing top 8 will matter cause if not your going to have an extra two tough games in Feb in the middle of when the run in starts to get serious.