Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

His in game management I don't really have issues with. He had a masterclass against Spurs. My issues have been the bad starts. We have "won" one 1st half in 20 games this season, For a club of Arsenal's size that is embarrassing. He had to make substitutions.

Man management of Ramsey, Ozil, and Lacazette...Ramsey and Ozil have been dropped for 2-3 matches then made captain the next. Lacazette been a sub or substituted 18 times this season, clearly has issues with Emery's style.

You can have your system but Emery is too rigid.

Emery is a conservative manager, no matter where he goes. He was ran out of Valencia and PSG for being so conservative. It's his default setting even with exceptional attacking talent. This has nothing to do with Arsenal.

‘All that, for that?’ – PSG and Emery digest another Champions League exit

We will agree to disagree on this. I respect Emery and the work he did at Sevilla and Valencia but I don't think he is seeing Klopp as a manager.

Klopp was an innovator. Built a title winning team and retained the league against a club with far greater resources. Went to the Champions League final. He had a clear identity and track record of building teams with sustained league success. Emery's success is solely tied to the Europa League, at a club known for having great Europa League/Copa Del Rey success in the last 15 years.

I'm not opposed to supporting a manager, I just don't think Emery is a manager you do that with.

Word. I mean don't get me wrong. I think Klopp is a MUCH better manager, a player's manager and committed to a style while still understanding his tools. He's turned Salah into a top 5 player in the world and Firminho from ho-hum into a dominant finisher. I agree that Emery isn't really the guy, he blew that lead against Barca. I'm not and wasn't singing his praised like he was the 2nd coming. But he's the manager now and so I support him, critically. I also think he needs time and he needs a solid captain that will communicate the teams struggles with him. Conservatism isn't going to work in this EPL and when he lets Laca/Auba free, Arsenal win.

I'm not saying that I think a center-back all of a sudden FIXES the whole of the organization. But I don't think that we can't implode upon the club because of a tough loss.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
We need that Koulibaly/Bailly partnership:wow:
Do it Ole! :damn:

MnQ1JoN_d.jpg

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
C'est la meilleur chance dans la <<premier league>> à creer un equipe noire legendaire, et je dis ca mais j'ai un <<fan>> de Chelsea
:francis:

Chelsea was once the team of black stars.

Essien, Mikel, Drogba, Kalou, Malouda

Mais, c'est la vie. How the mighty have fallen

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Vieira, Kanu, Henry, Sol, Ashley, Lauren, Wiltord, Kolo

Our clubs looking gentrified Brooklyn now.

Cech, Koscielny, Ozil, Ramsey, Welbeck, Mkhi, Elneny, Lichtsteiner could all be off the books soon. Interested to see what we do. Not Surprised we have nothing to spend