Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
That nikka Pogba is not world class though. this nikka oooozing fuk what ya'll talking about. People saying this is easy competition this nikka did this shyt in the world cup and styled at Juventus.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Defensively, united are not good enough. 1 top class cb would do wonders for them.
yes they arent good enough defensively. But they have good attacking players and Pogba in midfield. Thats their strength. I never understood Mourinho setting up the team to soak up pressure when the defense is ass. Then you don't score enough goals, the defense is under pressure all game and what do you know...the opposing team scores :yeshrug:

Then you have mourinho spending money on Fred. When they ask him why is Fred not playing, he answers: "Fred will play when the defense is good"
tenor.gif

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
so much delusion in one post :mjlol:

Of course it is I'm an Arsenal supporter...the banter era is back boys!

Yeah agreed.

Please tell me what he is trying to do.

I'm not judging Emery on this game or the games against Chelsea or City. It's still early in process and there will be some bedding in time. My issue is the games against Crystal Palace, Huddersfield, West Ham, Watford, Brighton, and Southampton. Could even include Wolves in there. The issues are:
  • He has overplayed Guendozi, Bellerin, and Torreira.
  • Poor starting line ups and poor substitutions
  • Persisting with Aubameyang up top alone when that's where he struggles the most
  • Poor man management of Ozil, Ramsey, and Lacazette
  • Playing 3 DMs at home to bottom half teams
  • Extremely cautious and conservative game plans but we still allow a lot of shots and thus goals
  • Our defense is worst than ever before. Including the season United dropped 8 on us. We're on pace to give up 57 goals this season in the league. That's worse than any season under Wenger and more than relegated Swansea and Stoke City last season.
  • Lack of an obvious playing style or identity
Also, Emery has a 2 year contract with an option for a third year. Why invest a great deal of money in a short term manager?

We will see, if Emery wins the Europa League he's achieved a lot.

Auba isn't that great. Average speed, scored in 1 game against top 6.

Arsenal have to rebuild this team but this match actually worried for me from a structural point of view. Our wage bill is around £20M more than Spurs and £10M less than Liverpool without Champions League football 2 years running.

I think Guendouzi is the only one overplayed. Bellerin is SUPPOSED to be an everyday right back in the same vein as his compatriot Jordi Alba who over a season turned himself into one of if not the most dangerous full-back in Europe. He's gotten more goals out of substitutions than any other manager in the EPL wtf are you talking about? I personally don't think Ozil is mismanaged he's not a fit for the team anymore, Rambo was mismanaged by the CLUB not Emery and Laca I'll concede because he and Auba need to both be playing as a strike tandem at the top, I don't know why clubs are so afraid of the old school 4-4-2 :manny:

Also, he has to be conservative because he knows this defense is shambolic. We didn't even start the season with a full defensive core with Kos and Mavropanos out basically since match day 1. The pressing style will come but its because this team hasn't been at full strength ever this season...on top of that, the personnel isn't what Emery needs.

Klopp's been supported by his club. Emery needs the same. But again, I'm not about to cry bloody murder because we're 6th. The ENTIRETY of football is moving toward the counter attack, that isn't going to happen for Arsenal overnight. Not even in a season. A top 4 finish is an improvement and a Europa win is great. But I'm not tripping on this.