Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course it is I'm an Arsenal supporter...the banter era is back boys!

I think Guendouzi is the only one overplayed. Bellerin is SUPPOSED to be an everyday right back in the same vein as his compatriot Jordi Alba who over a season turned himself into one of if not the most dangerous full-back in Europe. He's gotten more goals out of substitutions than any other manager in the EPL wtf are you talking about? I personally don't think Ozil is mismanaged he's not a fit for the team anymore, Rambo was mismanaged by the CLUB not Emery and Laca I'll concede because he and Auba need to both be playing as a strike tandem at the top, I don't know why clubs are so afraid of the old school 4-4-2 :manny:

Also, he has to be conservative because he knows this defense is shambolic. We didn't even start the season with a full defensive core with Kos and Mavropanos out basically since match day 1. The pressing style will come but its because this team hasn't been at full strength ever this season...on top of that, the personnel isn't what Emery needs.

Klopp's been supported by his club. Emery needs the same. But again, I'm not about to cry bloody murder because we're 6th. The ENTIRETY of football is moving toward the counter attack, that isn't going to happen for Arsenal overnight. Not even in a season. A top 4 finish is an improvement and a Europa win is great. But I'm not tripping on this.

Do you really want Emery "players". I'm sorry but certain level of player ain't coming to play for Emery. The book is already written on this guy, we know what his level is. Let's not make him what he will never become.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Lol that's a debateable penalty.

The same propaganda outlet probably didn't post the penalty that Sterling should've been given.

Liverpool got more penalties vs. Arsenal than City have got all season, but you don't care, in some twisted way you've probably justified that Salah falling at any hint of contact is OK. You can @ me on Thuraday when everything is said and done.

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
United to knock-out PSG. The French club don't have leaders and go missing in big European games.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Of course it is I'm an Arsenal supporter...the banter era is back boys!

I think Guendouzi is the only one overplayed. Bellerin is SUPPOSED to be an everyday right back in the same vein as his compatriot Jordi Alba who over a season turned himself into one of if not the most dangerous full-back in Europe. He's gotten more goals out of substitutions than any other manager in the EPL wtf are you talking about? I personally don't think Ozil is mismanaged he's not a fit for the team anymore, Rambo was mismanaged by the CLUB not Emery and Laca I'll concede because he and Auba need to both be playing as a strike tandem at the top, I don't know why clubs are so afraid of the old school 4-4-2 :manny:

His in game management I don't really have issues with. He had a masterclass against Spurs. My issues have been the bad starts. We have "won" one 1st half in 20 games this season, For a club of Arsenal's size that is embarrassing. He had to make substitutions.

Man management of Ramsey, Ozil, and Lacazette...Ramsey and Ozil have been dropped for 2-3 matches then made captain the next. Lacazette been a sub or substituted 18 times this season, clearly has issues with Emery's style.

You can have your system but Emery is too rigid.

Also, he has to be conservative because he knows this defense is shambolic. We didn't even start the season with a full defensive core with Kos and Mavropanos out basically since match day 1. The pressing style will come but its because this team hasn't been at full strength ever this season...on top of that, the personnel isn't what Emery needs.

Emery is a conservative manager, no matter where he goes. He was ran out of Valencia and PSG for being so conservative. It's his default setting even with exceptional attacking talent. This has nothing to do with Arsenal.

Julian Draxler offered a dissenting opinion, with the German winger telling ZDF after the match: “When we equalised, we needed to bring something else in. We needed to continue to push, to go forward. I do not know what happened, I was surprised and a bit annoyed. The goal at 1-1 changed nothing for us. I felt like we needed to continue to press and play attacking football. Real Madrid were playing slowly, calmly. We moved the ball around but you cannot win by just doing that.”

The opinion of Draxler, who would have been nailed on to start this match had it been played a year ago, must surely be taken with a grain of salt, but parsing these various views to get at the heart of what ails PSG is nevertheless important. Silva, in saying it was not the manager’s fault, was correct, even as there have been raised eyebrows over Emery’s decision to drop Layvin Kurzawa, and his substituting of Kylian Mbappé in the match’s waning stages.

‘All that, for that?’ – PSG and Emery digest another Champions League exit

Klopp's been supported by his club. Emery needs the same. But again, I'm not about to cry bloody murder because we're 6th. The ENTIRETY of football is moving toward the counter attack, that isn't going to happen for Arsenal overnight. Not even in a season. A top 4 finish is an improvement and a Europa win is great. But I'm not tripping on this.

We will agree to disagree on this. I respect Emery and the work he did at Sevilla and Valencia but I don't think he is seeing Klopp as a manager.

Klopp was an innovator. Built a title winning team and retained the league against a club with far greater resources. Went to the Champions League final. He had a clear identity and track record of building teams with sustained league success. Emery's success is solely tied to the Europa League, at a club known for having great Europa League/Copa Del Rey success in the last 15 years.

I'm not opposed to supporting a manager, I just don't think Emery is a manager you do that with.

Last edited: