Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
This is why PSG will get knocked out early in the Champions League again...they ain't really all that...let's be honest :francis:

Liverpool at Anfield still remain undefeated in Europe :francis:

The banter will be targeted towards Tottenham tonight :mjlit:

Yh PSG too sloppy and complacent

They didn't really look that dangerous despite having Mbappe and Neymar. The final score doesn't really reflect how much Liverpool dominated. They should've BEEN buried with some of the chances we missed and Salah was fukking up all night.

Defensively too they're slack. Alexander-Arnold was running riot behind Neymar. Man like Neymar loses the ball and stands around like :francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
  • Salah looks off, looks unhappy, uninterested. I think the way teams are marking him is getting to him, he hasn't made a quality run at goal in a minute now. His 1-2 passing is off, I think he needs a game off.
  • I'm not sure what PSG's tactics were for this game, Neymar was a wandering midfielder, who got no one involved in attacks and was taken out of the game by Milner. Van Dijk made the same pass all game to Alexander-Arnold, a floating pass where Alex was open, and PSG did nothing to cover that side of the pitch. They were lucky those passes didn't lead to a cross/goal from that side of the pitch. PSG looked lost at times.
  • Mane...he really needs to settle in as a #10 and realize that he's not Messi, just make the right pass and the goals will come.
Glad Liverpool left with 3 points, this is why football is the GOAT sport :banderas:

edit:
Klopp is looking like a genius getting a goal from Sturridge and Firmino as a sub.

Milner's penalty was class, pure class.

Breh you need to stop this, he isn't a #10, he's a wing forward/SS. He isn't creativity enough with his passing to be one.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Between this and the WC this might be one of the best calendar 12 months of football I've ever seen.
Count me amongst the ones that jumped on the bandwagon following this world cup.

With my interest in the NFL in steady decline, this was the year I finally threw it in the bushes, and picked up real football.

Primarily been following the EPL. Huge fan of Hazard's style of play, and Chelsea have been a joy to watch. Shame they're not participating in the Champions League. I'm adopting Liverpool in their place for this run as I dig their aggression, and like another poster mentioned: two Africans on the front line :blessed: