Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Did someone see Salah's reaction after Firminho scored :pachaha::jbhmm:
:mjlol:

giphy.gif

Daps
When I started watching EPL two years ago, I thought Firmino was pretty good, but Klopp done leveled him up since then. He's so good now.

He's also one of the most fun players to watch, especially when he comes deep down the field and harasses people into a dispossession, as much as for his work in and around the box.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Liverpool should be good for quite a long time with their two young fullbacks. Other than the goal, Mbappe was kept quiet the whole game. Even Neymar didn't do much, and credit to that should go to Wijnaldum and Henderson. They aren't the most technically gifted midfield partnership, but alongside Milner I don't think I've seen midfielders work as hard as them.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
  • Salah looks off, looks unhappy, uninterested. I think the way teams are marking him is getting to him, he hasn't made a quality run at goal in a minute now. His 1-2 passing is off, I think he needs a game off.
  • I'm not sure what PSG's tactics were for this game, Neymar was a wandering midfielder, who got no one involved in attacks and was taken out of the game by Milner. Van Dijk made the same pass all game to Alexander-Arnold, a floating pass where Alex was open, and PSG did nothing to cover that side of the pitch. They were lucky those passes didn't lead to a cross/goal from that side of the pitch. PSG looked lost at times.
  • Mane...he really needs to settle in as a #10 and realize that he's not Messi, just make the right pass and the goals will come.
Glad Liverpool left with 3 points, this is why football is the GOAT sport :banderas:

edit:
Klopp is looking like a genius getting a goal from Sturridge and Firmino as a sub.

Milner's penalty was class, pure class.