Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
meh....I still know he starts Giroud automatically because he has no other way of coaching. Just lumping and huffing the ball to a big targetman. They won that way because their forwards are dynamic and they have the two best next-gen cbs. I'm suppose to believe that France would have been worse off with Mbappe, Laca or Benz as the starting strikers in the world cup? Deschamp doesn't know how to coach one twos passes around the box to break teams down. You can tell France are just freestyling when ever they have the ball with no attacking structure. Once again, their personales are too talented, so they won inspite of him.
But they're not winning the Euros playing this way so he's gonna have to switch it up and actually start paying attention to the young guns in ligue 1. I don't even think he knows who Houssem Auor, Ndembele, or Morgan Sanson are. 3 young cms who are comfortable and can turn with the ball when pressed and provide efficient short, advancing forward passes, especially Aour. They all have a good season last season. So instead of Matuidi unsuccessfully huffing the ball to Giroud that usually ends up with the other team keeping possession, how bout start integrating Auour and Ndemebele into the midfield and actually have a striker whose great with the ball at their feet who can receive thorough passes from midfielders who don't look like Bambi on ice when they face a good midfield.
I can't tell yall how much it disgust it leaves seeing Matuidi and Giroud as automatic starters.

Bro do you watch soccer or do you just skim through it? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL fukk ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

France - Statistics

Look at that. Stat sheet (click on pass types)

Long balls were only 13% of France's attack and based on attack positioning state Giroud touched the ball less.

Here's his stat sheet. Key things to look for here is distance, passing and attempts.
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Players - Olivier GIROUD - Olivier Giroud - FIFA.com

Compare it to Mbappe.
Mbappe - 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Players - Kylian MBAPPE - Kylian Mbappe - FIFA.com

Giroud covered MORE ground in and out of possession and attempted less passes. What's that mean?

HE WAS WORKING MORE OFF THE BALL. Which is the direct opposite of dumping the ball to the big man in the middle.

This post is a crock of shyt that proves you simply weren't watching the same games as everyone else and are just biased. Giroud was there for one thing which was to beat up CBs and work off the ball...guess what...he did that to GREAT effect...and NO Laca and Martial would NOT have given you that.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Bro do you watch soccer or do you just skim through it? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL fukk ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

France - Statistics

Look at that. Stat sheet (click on pass types)

Long balls were only 13% of France's attack and based on attack positioning state Giroud touched the ball less.

Here's his stat sheet. Key things to look for here is distance, passing and attempts.
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Players - Olivier GIROUD - Olivier Giroud - FIFA.com

Compare it to Mbappe.
Mbappe - 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Players - Kylian MBAPPE - Kylian Mbappe - FIFA.com

Giroud covered MORE ground in and out of possession and attempted less passes. What's that mean?

HE WAS WORKING MORE OFF THE BALL. Which is the direct opposite of dumping the ball to the big man in the middle.

This post is a crock of shyt that proves you simply weren't watching the same games as everyone else and are just biased. Giroud was there for one thing which was to beat up CBs and work off the ball...guess what...he did that to GREAT effect...and NO Laca and Martial would NOT have given you that.

I saw his post but I couldn't be bothered to reply.

France playing long balls :mjlol:

The longest passes they play are diagonals on counters from the DM slot to Mbappe, Griezmann or a bombing Matuidi.

And if they ever played it "long" to Giroud they played it to feet with him coming towards the ball to flick on or turn and pass.

Judge matches by the box scores, brehs.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I saw his post but I couldn't be bothered to reply.

France playing long balls :mjlol:

The longest passes they play are diagonals on counters from the DM slot to Mbappe, Griezmann or a bombing Matuidi.

And if they ever played it "long" to Giroud they played it to feet with him coming towards the ball to flick on or turn and pass.

Judge matches by the box scores, brehs.

Youth playing too much FIFA and not actually getting out there and playing/watching, mayne.