Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I heard about the issue lightly but i was hoping someone could explain it to me. Watching him this season he looks like he can play and I have heard people ask for him before. What happened with him and the national team

They don't see Benzema as a high character guy. :mjlit:

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
They don't see Benzema as a high character guy. :mjlit:

Thats what i heard last time lol people keep saying that Giroud does other things but i see this nikka lose challenges, lose the ball, misplaced passes and i barely see him win headers.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I still hate Giroud lol but I will take my L on that goal. Honestly though can someone explain why he keeps starting? Why can' Benzema take his spot?

Giroud has a good scoring record at international level, but more importantly he scores vitals goals, like equalizers and winners. Yes he is slow and his touch is inconsistent at times, but he works hard and is a good target man which works well with Griezmann and Mbappe games.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Giroud has a good scoring record at international level, but more importantly he scores vitals goals, like equalizers and winners. Yes he is slow and his touch is inconsistent at times, but he works hard and is a good target man which works well with Griezmann and Mbappe games.
like the world cup?...

nah, Giroud being called up just highlights Deschamp's attacking limitations when it comes to coaching. He doesn't know how to use a player like Lacazette, or even Mbappe as strikers in his setup. Deschamps only idea of attacking playing is getting it to the wing and crossing it to the target man. Having anybody else who isn't great at heading the ball as a target man will throw a monkey in his wrench. He can't coach a technically gifted striker that plays with the ball at his feet. Hell, Giroud has a better scoring ratio on the nation team than Benz(except he doesn't do it in tournaments)...

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
They became complacent and never evolved their coaching when everyone else caught up and over took them.

Players leaving too soon and not playing at their new clubs thus holding back their development.

Using more foreign players, Ajax was like a mini Denmark a few years back.

The last 15 years, players developed have just been shyt. :ld:
And technically ever since this man left as well :yeshrug:

LVG-wine.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
like the world cup?...

nah, Giroud being called up just highlights Deschamp's attacking limitations when it comes to coaching. He doesn't know how to use a player like Lacazette, or even Mbappe as strikers in his setup. Deschamps only idea of attacking playing is getting it to the wing and crossing it to the target man. Having anybody else who isn't great at heading the ball as a target man will throw a monkey in his wrench. He can't coach a technically gifted striker that plays with the ball at his feet. Hell, Giroud has a better scoring ratio on the nation team than Benz(except he doesn't do it in tournaments)...

:beli:

Giroud deserves to be called up on merit, he ain't left field selection like when Big Mac was called up while playing in Mexico. :dahell: They need a Giroud type in the squad, otherwise, all theyre left with are strikers that all want to do the same sort of thing. Laca, Griezmann, Martial, Mbappe want to drift wide, pick up the ball deep, run at defenders. While it makes for more sexy football on a FIFA ting, but it's far easier for defences to set up their banks because there isn't a reference point for them to worry about and everything is in front of them.

Just admit breh, you don't like Cacs and you want Dembele starting, it's nothing to be ashamed of.:mjlit:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I love this game :banderas:

It’s been a great weekend of AFCON qualifiers. They’re the most competitive in the world and the fukkery adds to the entertainment value.

Comoros had Cameroon playing in crazy humidity on artificial turf in the middle of the jungle. Huge crowd too:

Same thing in Madgascar who got a point against Senegal. There was a pregame stampede and the game still went on :bryan:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

Giroud deserves to be called up on merit, he ain't left field selection like when Big Mac was called up while playing in Mexico. :dahell: They need a Giroud type in the squad, otherwise, all theyre left with are strikers that all want to do the same sort of thing. Laca, Griezmann, Martial, Mbappe want to drift wide, pick up the ball deep, run at defenders. While it makes for more sexy football on a FIFA ting, but it's far easier for defences to set up their banks because there isn't a reference point for them to worry about and everything is in front of them.

Just admit breh, you don't like Cacs and you want Dembele starting, it's nothing to be ashamed of.:mjlit:
I agree, Giroud needs to be called up, just for safety and variety but Deschamp doesn't like variety. He has his mind set on one brand of striker. Giroud shouldn't be starting automatically. What do you gain in starting him in the past two games that are friendlies? :dahell: Now is the time to switch it up and experiment before teams find you out. That's how Germany reign on top was short. Leow starting the same people that aren't good enough. France has a couple of creative cms in ligue 1 that he could call up that can play through the middle, dribble and provide thorough balls to the forwards instead of always relying on crosses. But I don't even thinks he follows the league to know of them or he does but once again leading to him most likely not knowing how to coach a potent offense.

edit: and yes, any coach benching Dembele for Giroud is spineless :hhh:

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps

Thats what it is for me. I admit it :hubie: