Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
like the world cup?...

nah, Giroud being called up just highlights Deschamp's attacking limitations when it comes to coaching. He doesn't know how to use a player like Lacazette, or even Mbappe as strikers in his setup. Deschamps only idea of attacking playing is getting it to the wing and crossing it to the target man. Having anybody else who isn't great at heading the ball as a target man will throw a monkey in his wrench. He can't coach a technically gifted striker that plays with the ball at his feet. Hell, Giroud has a better scoring ratio on the nation team than Benz(except he doesn't do it in tournaments)...

Wrong. You can't say there's limited coaching options when his coaching option not only worked in won them the damn world cup. Again, as @Kunty McPhuck said Laca or Martial woulda been the flash options even Benzema, but that wouldn't have won them the World Cup. The CBs HAD to respect Giroud's ability in the air AND keep in mind his hold up play is PHENOMENAL. Low key, he's one of the best one or two touch passing #9's in Europe. That's integral when you have finishers like Griezmann and Mbappe in the side. It kept their approach play from becoming one dimensional.

Also, when you look at how all their matches played out. Giroud was down there mixing it up with the CBs playing off Griezmann. And sure enough around the 65th or so minutes you would see CBs get tired or CDMs getting stretched out. I don't think people realize how exhausting it is to have a old school, scrappy, big #9 to defend for an entire match.

The song is Ramenez la coupe a la maison (bring the cup home).

I wonder if Griezmann cares that Kimpembe gets a shout out before him.

Black Excellence :wow: :mjcry: I don't think I've ever been happier to see a team win the World Cup.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Wrong. You can't say there's limited coaching options when his coaching option not only worked in won them the damn world cup. Again, as @Kunty McPhuck said Laca or Martial woulda been the flash options even Benzema, but that wouldn't have won them the World Cup. The CBs HAD to respect Giroud's ability in the air AND keep in mind his hold up play is PHENOMENAL. Low key, he's one of the best one or two touch passing #9's in Europe. That's integral when you have finishers like Griezmann and Mbappe in the side. It kept their approach play from becoming one dimensional.

Also, when you look at how all their matches played out. Giroud was down there mixing it up with the CBs playing off Griezmann. And sure enough around the 65th or so minutes you would see CBs get tired or CDMs getting stretched out. I don't think people realize how exhausting it is to have a old school, scrappy, big #9 to defend for an entire match.

Black Excellence :wow: :mjcry: I don't think I've ever been happier to see a team win the World Cup.

And I know you know this because you watched your team go from beating Chelsea season in season out and then D Diddy happened. He use to terrorize Senderos something rotten everytime, like in them high school films, where my money :birdman:. D Diddy went and you like :whew: and then Diego Costa rolled thru and it was :damn: not again.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps

I was wondering this whole time what the draw about Giroud was. This was a good explanation thanks breh

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
And I know you know this because you watched your team go from beating Chelsea season in season out and then D Diddy happened. He use to terrorize Senderos something rotten everytime, like in them high school films, where my money :birdman:. D Diddy went and you like :whew: and then Diego Costa rolled thru and it was :damn: not again.

Truth

I also know this from playing enough football to know it personally. Try being a 5'9 CB/CDM. The shyt sucks only Kante has figured that shyt out :heh:. I taught myself how to pass quick as fukk...Never again. I'm triggered.

I was wondering this whole time what the draw about Giroud was. This was a good explanation thanks breh

You got it. Problem is :smugwenger: almost never deployed him in that manner. He just used him for link up play and totally disregarded most of his hold up play ability. He proved his scoring skills at the Arsenal though. I'm not gonna lie I miss having him as a super sub. :mjgooner:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Truth

I also know this from playing enough football to know it personally. Try being a 5'9 CB/CDM. The shyt sucks only Kante has figured that shyt out :heh:. I taught myself how to pass quick as fukk...Never again. I'm triggered.

You got it. Problem is :smugwenger: almost never deployed him in that manner. He just used him for link up play and totally disregarded most of his hold up play ability. He proved his scoring skills at the Arsenal though. I'm not gonna lie I miss having him as a super sub. :mjgooner:

I was watching a video of Cannavaro last night, :whew: what a defender.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
meh....I still know he starts Giroud automatically because he has no other way of coaching. Just lumping and huffing the ball to a big targetman. They won that way because their forwards are dynamic and they have the two best next-gen cbs. I'm suppose to believe that France would have been worse off with Mbappe, Laca or Benz as the starting strikers in the world cup? Deschamp doesn't know how to coach one twos passes around the box to break teams down. You can tell France are just freestyling when ever they have the ball with no attacking structure. Once again, their personales are too talented, so they won inspite of him.
But they're not winning the Euros playing this way so he's gonna have to switch it up and actually start paying attention to the young guns in ligue 1. I don't even think he knows who Houssem Auor, Ndembele, or Morgan Sanson are. 3 young cms who are comfortable and can turn with the ball when pressed and provide efficient short, advancing forward passes, especially Aour. They all have a good season last season. So instead of Matuidi unsuccessfully huffing the ball to Giroud that usually ends up with the other team keeping possession, how bout start integrating Auour and Ndemebele into the midfield and actually have a striker whose great with the ball at their feet who can receive thorough passes from midfielders who don't look like Bambi on ice when they face a good midfield.
I can't tell yall how much it disgust it leaves seeing Matuidi and Giroud as automatic starters.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
C dot my guy, but :ohhh: Portugal look liberated without him there.
I wonder why
6hz3xmct0wxy.gif