Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Couldn't help thinking about....

full

I fukking hate the MLS.

I'm just stating facts. Sorry lads :yeshrug:

nikka he was always playing for the best teams, why we surprised he won league titles so many times in a row? That ain't no real achievement :mjlol: How many memorable seasons has Ibrahimovic had? Or when he was the undisputed best player?

Like i said no-one gonna give a fukk about that big nosed penguin in 10+ years. The game is the game unfortunately, :yeshrug:

When do you think we gonna see someone that is gonna rival Rooney Utd goalscoring record? Quite some time by the looks of things

What in GODs name are you talking about? He's PSGs all time leading scorer. Won titles in 4 different countries (and in Italy when Italy still mattered), he has over 500 goals. Only Inesta and Dani Alves have more trophies than him, he's Sweden's all time leading goal scorer. (Meanwhile, Rooney has ONE World Cup goal...EVER).

And I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOW you not talking about people having the best teams :laff: Rooney played for ManU when ManU was MAN-FOOKING-UNITED. :russ:

Best Ibra had was his title in Barcelona. If you telling me that his teams in Inter or PSG were better than ManU's UCL winning team with Rooney you are a fukking FOOL.

A team with PRIME Teves, PRIME Rooney, Entering his PRIME CR7, Damn near PRIME Rio Ferdinand, PRIME Evra, PRIME Nani coming off the bench, Giggsy, PRIME Carrick, PRIME Van der Sar.

:comeon:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Just my opinion but, this league of Nations shyt is a mess. Like pep said, they gonna kill these players.

:francis:

The main premise is make extra money to try and stop players/clubs from pulling out of national team call ups in international friendlies, only for them to be OK for their clubs a week or so later.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Just my opinion but, this league of Nations shyt is a mess. Like pep said, they gonna kill these players.

:francis:

The main premise is make extra money to try and stop players/clubs from pulling out of national team call ups in international friendlies, only for them to be OK for their clubs a week or so later.

Is this "league" or "tournament" a replacement for normal friendlies or are they extra international matches?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Is this "league" or "tournament" a replacement for normal friendlies or are they extra international matches?

More or less both.

Less friendlies, more competitive games. The top 4 teams in Tier 1 all automatically qualify for the Euros in 2020 and semi final/final in June 2019. Which is already a date in the international calendar window.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yo can someone explain the UEFA League of Nations?

Cut down on Friendlies, which have been deemed pointless.

Basically it's to give all 55 nations a chance to qualify for the Euros as oppose to the old format, where you have anywhere from 1-2-3 strong teams and then the rest were fodder in the group. This way via the FIFA rankings, you got all the top boys playing each other, the 2nd tier nations all play each other and so on till 4th tier. There is a promotion and relegation process and the winners of the group in tier 1, play a semi and final next year and they automatically advance to Euro 2020.

I think :mjlit: