Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
:obama:

Ronaldo: Former Brazil striker buys controlling stake in Real Valladolid

Brazil World Cup winner Ronaldo has become the majority shareholder of Real Valladolid, after purchasing a 51% controlling stake in the Spanish club.

The 42-year-old played for Real Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Barcelona in an 18-year playing career.

Valladolid are 16th in La Liga and yet to win a game this season.

"The arrival of Ronaldo puts Real Valladolid on the map and will allow the club to take a leap in quality," said president Carlos Suarez.

Ronaldo scored 62 times for Brazil, including both goals when they beat Germany in the 2002 World Cup final.

Speaking at a news conference on Monday, he said: "I have gone through many stages in my training in football to prepare. Football is a passion.

"This new management will be defined by four words: competitiveness, transparency, revolution and social."

We all just want breh to win :to:

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
:obama:

Brazil World Cup winner Ronaldo has become the majority shareholder of Real Valladolid, after purchasing a 51% controlling stake in the Spanish club.

The 42-year-old played for Real Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Barcelona in an 18-year playing career.

Valladolid are 16th in La Liga and yet to win a game this season.

"The arrival of Ronaldo puts Real Valladolid on the map and will allow the club to take a leap in quality," said president Carlos Suarez.

Ronaldo scored 62 times for Brazil, including both goals when they beat Germany in the 2002 World Cup final.

Speaking at a news conference on Monday, he said: "I have gone through many stages in my training in football to prepare. Football is a passion.

"This new management will be defined by four words: competitiveness, transparency, revolution and social."

We all just want breh to win :to:
The legend continues

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Uli Hoeness swears people are buying his bullshyt. How is PSG's sporting director terrible because he didn't want to pay 50 milli for Jerome Boateng? :russ: And if Bayern didn't want to sell him like Hoeness said, why would they put him on the market :smh:
I feel like alot of German players and figure heads love to hear themselves talk. Like there is just an air of superiority sensed when they have something to say. Uli and Bayern to me are more up their own asses than even Barca

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
4F1D4CA900000578-6059365-image-a-3_1534346123623.jpg

Robbie about to get that AFTV exclusive :troll:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Ramsey doesn't have the discipline to play deep anymore, he switches off defensively and he will try to recreate 2014 or die trying. Ozil looked better linking up deep from the 2nd half. Feel Emery thinks 2 new center mids that don't speak English and are very young along with a new goalie plus a new central defensive partnership would be too much. I think if Torreira keeps it up it would be him plus one of Guendouzi or Xhaka. Matteo is good but not automatic first XI good at this point. He is stubborn tactically though, the Guendouzi/Xhaka partnership has not been impressive at all in a set up with fullbacks pushed high up , it made 2 teams that are in awful form look respectable.

I agree. But I'd rather have that then have Xhaka his 2 moments of briliance a season aren't worth months of shythousery, terrible decisions and lumbering pace.

sounds like lebron stans making up stats....Most key passes :gucci:

That is a USELESS stat. But Messi not being top 3 is absurd considering Barca lost ONE match in La Liga and most of that is attributed to him. He's top scorer in Europe, most assists and most key passes in Europe. By EVERY stretch of the imagination Messi should be not only in the top 3 but a favorite.

Modric imo is brilliant but only made it on the strength of a WC where he and Rakitic but Croatia on their backs. So he's a possible top 3 but to overshadow the season the Little Pharoah had or Messi or CR7 had....:snoop:

Honestly, if anyone but Salah wins its a sham IMO.

Last edited:

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most goals scored in Europe:

1. ⁠Leo Messi
2. ⁠Mohamed Salah
3. ⁠Harry Kane

Most chances created:

1. ⁠Leo Messi
2. ⁠Dimitri Payet
3. ⁠Lorenzo Insigne

Most successful take-ons:

1. ⁠Leo Messi
2. ⁠Eden Hazard
3. ⁠Neymar

Most times MOTM:

1. ⁠Leo Messi
2. ⁠Florian Thauvin
3. ⁠Nabil Fekir/Neymar

And still, he is ranked 9th by FIFA:martin:

How can you defend this Individual Award? :snoop:

A season where Messi had a better stats than the best midfielder and forward at 9 place :mindblown:

Modric, Ronaldo, Salah
4. De Bruyne
5. Griezmann
6. Hazard
7. Kane
8. Mbappe
9. Messi

Last edited:

LeMAO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stats aren't the end be all to soccer performance

Xavi was rarely on the stat sheet but if you saw his influence on the pitch you'd be amazed.
So Messi didnt have the same influence in the field with stats and domestic double? People can make every excuses they want, but it will not justify that Messi is at 9th place in Europe. You can't find me a player that has a better stats than the best midfielder and forward/striker in a season that can't be considered as the best player.
If Cristiano won an award with zero trophies just because of his scoring stats what more a player dominating midfielder and striker stats in a season, can't even be considered a Top 3 even with domestic double against the UCL and Europa champions

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I feel like alot of German players and figure heads love to hear themselves talk. Like there is just an air of superiority sensed when they have something to say. Uli and Bayern to me are more up their own asses than even Barca

Bayern aren't called FC Hollywood for nothing.

Germans are going to German. They are cold and straight to the point and don't really phuck with outsiders, you have prove yourself to them, to get their respect. Of course they're going to be feel self titled and have a superior sense of worth, because the country rebuilt it's self 3 times in what a 70 year period. Now they the premier country in mainland Europe that everyone in the region looks to :feedme:. Especially when your Frances, Spains, Italys, all have had financial problems over the past decade or so.

German Efficient isn't a hashtag, it is a way of life. Just ask the sunbeds,
You think I'm :troll:, look that shyt up, you'll be :pachaha:

Barca are far worse, they paint a picture of being this sweet innocent romantic club, but are just as bad as Real are. Everyone knows that Real and Bayern are arrogant bullies, it's part of their history and club DNA and they have no qualms about it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
As an Arsenal fan I'm happy for International breaks since my anxiety goes down.

As a fan of the game I wanna kill myself because I fukking hate Internationals (outside of major tournaments) and I wanna watch club matches.

full

This first break always feels triple pointless in world cup years too:mjgooner: