Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
So Julen Lopetegui to be sacked before Christmas? I mean if we're honest, Zidane should've been sacked last season because of the early season form...that's why I'm skepitcal if we get rid of Mourinho and appoint Zidane we might not catch City :francis:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
The heat that’s going to be on Loptegui tomorrow :whew:

Zidane is somewhere relieved as hell he left when he did.

giphy.gif

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Gonna be a lot of tired legs when both of these teams play their first league game later this week. 120 min now + not match fit this early into the season + most played in the world cup

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
So Julen Lopetegui to be sacked before Christmas? I mean if we're honest, Zidane should've been sacked last season because of the early season form...that's why I'm skepitcal if we get rid of Mourinho and appoint Zidane we might not catch City :francis:

It would be hilarious if he screwed over the NT just to end up getting the Rafa Benitez treatment :dead:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Real Madrid can't go the distance :flabbynsick:

No Ronaldo to carry them....cause Bale, Benzema or Ramos sure as hell can't :mjlol: we might be entering the 2005-2010 Real Madrid era

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
as stacked as Madrid are, you can't let a player like Ronaldo leave and not have a player or players lined up ready to replace him. IDC how good you think asensio or bale are, you have to bring someone in to let these guys know that you can't just walk into this XI. You don't have to buy Neymar or Hazard...but you have to get someone. Athletico retooled this summer and look very serious.

The Eliminator

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bulgaria
as stacked as Madrid are, you can't let a player like Ronaldo leave and not have a player or players lined up ready to replace him. IDC how good you think asensio or bale are, you have to bring someone in to let these guys know that you can't just walk into this XI. You don't have to buy Neymar or Hazard...but you have to get someone. Athletico retooled this summer and look very serious.
They did get that Vinicius guy
They decided that Asensio is CR's replacement
So they will suffer

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
They did get that Vinicius guy
They decided that Asensio is CR's replacement
So they will suffer

Vinicius jnr is just a kid, I don't think they expect him to be a reliable player for a few years.

Asensio is in no way, shape of form ready, and may never be capable of replacing CR7. Say what you want about CR7 but 50 goals a season, even at 33 is amazing and very few players, even in their physical prime can replicate that. They really should get another player and hope that player, plus asensio and bale and benzema can combine and get over 60 goals.