Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
United and City finish with the same points the season before Pep and Mourinho took over though. City just had a better goal differential. Pep did what he had to do by buying the right players that suit his system. All Jose did was go for big names and tried to stick them all on the field. So not only does Pep have a clear idea of how he wants his team to play, he's better at observing talent and getting the best out of them. Martial in his debut season score 17 goals and 11 assists and was highly touted as one of the best new thing. It was Mourinho's responsibility to build on that.

Mourinho has taken United backwards, for all the United fans pissing and moaning about Van Gaals football, he was building a team for the long term future of the club. Much like how he laid the foundations of the Bayern team at the start of the decade.

United fans got what they deserved. They wanted Mourinho and here is Mourinho.

Yes it is. He has vast resources, but he doesn't want to modify his style of coaching. That shyt was working at Chelski because he had the personnel and the players bought in. With Pep in the Prem...he's having to play second fiddle once more to him and its bothering the fukk out of him.

Pep came in and told the money men "Give me these players and we will win". I don't think Jose has done the same. That's an issue. And while basically every team in the top half of the table have gotten better besides Chelsea and Spurs, ManU hasn't. Jose is depending on Pogba to be trancendednt in a system that he CAN'T flourish in. Alexis to play hard in a team that doesn't press and Lukaku to top the goal table with no service (because Pogba can't do it in the system).

Its a clusterfukk. I fully expect them to be back in Europa honestly after this season. :manny:

Yeah nah, I don't think he's been brilliant or anything but results wise I don't think he has underachieved when you consider how good Man City are. It's the other stuff like having a shyt attitude, wasting young players, blaming players in press conferences and that where he's been shocking.

Mourinho is probably at the same stage of his career where Wenger was a decade ago, he's not going to win the big competitions often but if your team isn't elite quality you wouldn't benefit from sacking him. Chelsea and Real Madrid had better squads than the current Man United when they sacked him, so they were able to get the big trophies under new management. I don't think United will topple City anytime soon regardless of who's in charge.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yeah nah, I don't think he's been brilliant or anything but results wise I don't think he has underachieved when you consider how good Man City are. It's the other stuff like having a shyt attitude, wasting young players, blaming players in press conferences and that where he's been shocking.

Mourinho is probably at the same stage of his career where Wenger was a decade ago, he's not going to win the big competitions often but if your team isn't elite quality you wouldn't benefit from sacking him. Chelsea and Real Madrid had better squads than the current Man United when they sacked him, so they were able to get the big trophies under new management. I don't think United will topple City anytime soon regardless of who's in charge.

I'm not saying sack him either. But the players don't believe in him and its evident...and kinda depressing honestly.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Normally people don't give a shyt about pre-season but Jose likes being in the media too much and used it to throw darts at Man U's transfer strategy and board. He was just like Conte last season spending all season taking shots. It just elicited more interest and elevated media attention. I think after their attempt to do a diet Galactico strategy and throwing money at any big name they decided to try and keep it low key.

And NBC putting more games on the Gold package this season is some bullshyt. I don't even feel like paying that $50 off principle but i know there will be a bunch of big team games on there to make more money