Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Should have bought Zidane in when they have the chance. Thank fukk they didnt :lolbron:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
There's so much criticism of Mourinho in the media that I don't think is warranted. You can't expect his side to topple Man City straight away, they were superior to Man United before he even took over. And no matter what you say about the money that's been spent since Mourinho's arrival, they still have terrible full backs. Can't win the league with Ashley Young as a starter unless you're Ferguson and you're playing him as a winger not a full back.
United and City finish with the same points the season before Pep and Mourinho took over though. City just had a better goal differential. Pep did what he had to do by buying the right players that suit his system. All Jose did was go for big names and tried to stick them all on the field. So not only does Pep have a clear idea of how he wants his team to play, he's better at observing talent and getting the best out of them. Martial in his debut season score 17 goals and 11 assists and was highly touted as one of the best new thing. It was Mourinho's responsibility to build on that.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
There's so much criticism of Mourinho in the media that I don't think is warranted. You can't expect his side to topple Man City straight away, they were superior to Man United before he even took over. And no matter what you say about the money that's been spent since Mourinho's arrival, they still have terrible full backs. Can't win the league with Ashley Young as a starter unless you're Ferguson and you're playing him as a winger not a full back.

Mourinho has taken United backwards, for all the United fans pissing and moaning about Van Gaals football, he was building a team for the long term future of the club. Much like how he laid the foundations of the Bayern team at the start of the decade.

United fans got what they deserved. They wanted Mourinho and here is Mourinho.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Yes it is. He has vast resources, but he doesn't want to modify his style of coaching. That shyt was working at Chelski because he had the personnel and the players bought in. With Pep in the Prem...he's having to play second fiddle once more to him and its bothering the fukk out of him.

Pep came in and told the money men "Give me these players and we will win". I don't think Jose has done the same. That's an issue. And while basically every team in the top half of the table have gotten better besides Chelsea and Spurs, ManU hasn't. Jose is depending on Pogba to be trancendednt in a system that he CAN'T flourish in. Alexis to play hard in a team that doesn't press and Lukaku to top the goal table with no service (because Pogba can't do it in the system).

Its a clusterfukk. I fully expect them to be back in Europa honestly after this season. :manny:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
How good is Yerry Mina?

He isn't a better defender than Dav Sanchez IMO. Definitely needs an experienced player alongside him to guide him, as his positional can be exposed at times but has the pace for good recovery. But if you keep on reliant on that, then you aren't really that good of a defender, much like Sergio Ramos. But my lord, him in the air and being a phucking menace at set pieces. If he can take the physical abuse of the PL, he'll be fine because not too many people will out muscle him in the air or ground.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Hate the product. Pop Big for the guy directly responsible. Makes sense Cincinnati

:manny: meh. He's got quality but I haven't seen him play enough. He was damn near team of the tournament level in the WC though....but we all know how buying players after the WC is though *glares at James*

He isn't a better defender than Dav Sanchez IMO. Definitely needs an experienced player alongside him to guide him, as his positional can be exposed at times but has the pace for good recovery. But if you keep on reliant on that, then you aren't really that good of a defender, much like Sergio Ramos. But my lord, him in the air and being a phucking menace at set pieces. If he can take the physical abuse of the PL, he'll be fine because not too many people will out muscle him in the air or ground.

Cause another random Man Utd rumour on tab is saying we're close to getting him :duck: and I don't want a Columbian Smalling :mjlol:

Don't want Harry Maguire either :shaq2: don't trust these English defenders either........Phil Jones, Smalling....John Stones :hhh:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Fulham pulled Mitrovic? :ehh: i guess Shad is trying to stay up in the big league.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

breh stop. mourinho bring the criticism on himself. mourinho is still a good manager in playing a very pramatic system. but i dont think the players are truly inspired to play for him. and you cant use the no fullbacks as an excuse. pep has fabian delph showing at left back all last season. and then young went on to play ahead of him at the world cup.

this is what happens when you proclaim to be the greatest club of all time and feel the need to win year in and year out. but thats not how it works. thats not how anythign works. they shoudlve stuck with van gaal until they had someone to push the team to the next level. you knew what you were getting with mourinho. When mourinho leaves because he will where does that leave the side. Is there a building block that the next manager can come in and say okay ijust need this this and this and we can seriously challenge for the league. or do they have to come in and sign a whole new fleet of players.