Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Either way, I think we have a good shot. We just gotta make sure our keeper doesn't take too many shots. Ole boy suspect.

fig01.svg

We have (assuming everyone is using their real age) the youngest squad heading into the World Cup. A qualification into the knockout stages will be a good sign for the next World Cup if the core of this team stays together heading into the next World Cup. It's similar to what Germany did in the Euros just before the 2014 World Cup. They got knocked out in the semis, but they gained big tournament experience. I think they also had the youngest team.

That said, I also think this Super Eagles team is competitive enough to make an impact now. Enough guys are playing at the highest level in Europe, and I'd wager we are probably on average the fastest team in the tournament. Maybe only England and Brazil will play our pace.

By the way, is anyone up for some FF for the World Cup? :patrice:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Was it really Scolaris fault tho? He just had a weak bench because there wasn't really any quality available
Fred was his starting striker and his back up was Jo :damn:

How do you go to a world cup with Jo and Fred as your two strikers :picard:

He should be blamed for driving Diego Costa to play for Spain. He never gave him a real chance to earn a roster spot even though at that point in his career he was establishing himself as a real star in La Liga.

Scolari thought those two guys were better options, and ostracized Costa because of it. I’ll never forgive Scolari for that. Even though Costa had a poor performance for Spain at the 2014 WC, he would’ve been a better option than what we ended up running out there.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
A special Super Eagles post:

Nigerian supporters of the Super Eagles are very upfront about their love of the national team. At international competitions, there's a brass and percussion band which encourages Super Eagles players to carry on and secure victory. Additionally, Nigerian musicians have made songs lauding the Super Eagles and their victories in Africa and elsewhere. This post remembers those songs which have praised the Super Eagles of Nigeria

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
can't wait for England to mash up Nigeria then have a false sense of superiority and go out in the Round of 16 :wow:

also why the fukk were nigerians mad about non Nigerians wearing the jersey. y'all nigerians are something else