Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Tite is truly a student of the game. He is determined not to repeat the same mistakes that Dunga and Scolari have done in 2010 and 2014 which was having no real options on the bench. He has a line up ready for teams that play very defensive. Which is Fernandinho or Coutinho in Renato Augusto's place (Willian coming in if Coutinho moves to the middle).
Or two forwards - Firmino + Jesus or Neymar moving up alongside Jesus (or Firminho).
Also he has a team set up for teams that play open with fast attackers(Mexico,Belgium, France etc).

The biggest question is of course Neymar. Word is he is not going to play this Sunday in the Croatia game. Tite should consider him coming off the bench even for the friendlies and the group stages if he isn’t 100% ready. No need to rush him in the group stages. Slowly bring him back to the team.

France looks scary good tho. If Brazil somehow survives Belgium in the Quarters they could face France in the Semis which history has shown always has Brazil’s number in the World Cup(‘86,’98,’06). I do not see them beat France tho. :francis::mjcry:

Last edited:

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
I'm picking Brazil over Belgium all day if they happen to face each other. Belgium has to have a breakout tournament to earn my respect. With a squad like theirs they should be dark horses but I don't see them passing the quarterfinals
They let me down in the past so now I'm writing them off :manny:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Idk, but for some reason I feel France is gonna be a huge let down this World Cup.

If Nigeria can get to the QF then I'd be happy.

Looking forward to the friendly against England tomorrow. Very good test of our mettle.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
France only disadvantage is their brain dead coach Dechampes. That is the only advantage Brazil has over France I see. France is likely to reach the final and lose to either Germany or Spain. Zizou will take the reins and push France to the next step.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
i can't believe the lengths i had to go to for a fukkin soccer jersey.
shout out to the plug.

TKRh9XP.jpg

no Italy at the World Cup, so i'll be the whitest guy supporting Naija.
Yo is that new Nigerian kit :ohhh:Best one we've had in years! Instant cop!!

Edit: it's sold out everywhere:francis: if anyone knows when it restocks please @ me, even fakes. I wanna rep my people, that kit is too fire

@AMcV'88 I need the hook up:feedme:

Last edited:

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Idk, but for some reason I feel France is gonna be a huge let down this World Cup.

If Nigeria can get to the QF then I'd be happy.

Looking forward to the friendly against England tomorrow. Very good test of our mettle.

I'm hoping we face France in the round of 16 again this year if we make it out the group.
Last time I believe we would have beat them if Onazi didn't get injured in the second half.

England has never lost to an African team so it will be nice if we can change that tomorrow.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'm hoping we face France in the round of 16 again this year if we make it out the group.
Last time I believe we would have beat them if Onazi didn't get injured in the second half.

England has never lost to an African team so it will be nice if we can change that tomorrow.

The scenes in Peckham if this happened.

Mandem finna get it poppin you know

:wow:

Ehhh....I'd rather Nigeria top the group, which I think we can. Avoid France and see either Peru or Denmark (hopefully Denmark).

Either way, I think we have a good shot. We just gotta make sure our keeper doesn't take too many shots. Ole boy suspect.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Tite is truly a student of the game. He is determined not to repeat the same mistakes that Dunga and Scolari have done in 2010 and 2014 which was having no real options on the bench. He has a line up ready for teams that play very defensive. Which is Fernandinho or Coutinho in Renato Augusto's place (Willian coming in if Coutinho moves to the middle).
Or two forwards - Firmino + Jesus or Neymar moving up alongside Jesus (or Firminho).
Also he has a team set up for teams that play open with fast attackers(Mexico,Belgium, France etc).

The biggest question is of course Neymar. Word is he is not going to play this Sunday in the Croatia game. Tite should consider him coming off the bench even for the friendlies and the group stages if he isn’t 100% ready. No need to rush him in the group stages. Slowly bring him back to the team.

France looks scary good tho. If Brazil somehow survives Belgium in the Quarters they could face France in the Semis which history has shown always has Brazil’s number in the World Cup(‘86,’98,’06). I do not see them beat France tho. :francis::mjcry:
If this team doesn’t win the whole thing I’ll ban myself from The Coli for the year. I have the utmost confidence that this squad can and will beat everybody.