Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
If Liverpool get a world-class goalie and backups for Mane/Salah(for African cup of Nations).....they are winning champions league and league

Lol.

They were 20 odd points behind the first place team.

Fabinho was a good buy tho, team sorely lacked a DM. Team has got serious depth issues all around tho. No Van Dijk, so who plays, Lovren, Matip or Klavan? Who backs up Mane, Salah and Firmino? Solanke? Liverpool have already spent a grip and need to spend alot more to compete in 4 competitions a season.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol.

They were 20 odd points behind the first place team.

Fabinho was a good buy tho, team sorely lacked a DM. Team has got serious depth issues all around tho. No Van Dijk, so who plays, Lovren, Matip or Klavan? Who backs up Mane, Salah and Firmino? Solanke? Liverpool have already spent a grip and need to spend alot more to compete in 4 competitions a season.

Keita and Fekir are already on their way

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Went with 4-2-4, just for the historical context.

GK: (Gilmar) he was the keeper for the first two WC wins, and he’s a Santos legend.

Left Back: (Roberto Carlos) I’m obsessed with the 82 team, so I could’ve easily picked Junior. Marcelo is a genius and I’ve heard stories about how remarkable Nilton Santos was, but RC was my childhood hero.

Center Backs: (Thiago Silva and Aldair) Aldair was a smart player with masterful timing and his passing was amazing for a CB. Thiago Silva because he’s a warrior that’s respected in every locker room and he made David Luiz look competent for years.

Right Back: (Dani Alves) Cafu, Carlos Alberto Torres, and Djalma Santos are all better. But Dani is my favorite active player, so if anybody wants to say something slick about this choice :alvesstfu:

Midfielders: (Zico & Falcão) Falcão because he was a brilliant playmaker, but he could also step up and defend which would be necessary with this lineup. Zico is Zico.

Kills me leaving Sócrates and Toninho out though.

Attack: (Garrincha, Ronaldo, Pelé, and Ronaldinho) I have no words for these four :jamesbrownwowww:

:ohhh:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
This was Cafu's pick
923.jpg

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Zidane stepping down. My guess is he wants the France NT job.

That’s wild :lucaslima:

Good for him though. He leaves on his own terms as an even bigger club legend, instead of being ran out of town and lambasted after RM’s inevitable downturn in the future.

Going to be tough to find an adequate replacement. Takes a special manager to handle the egos of that locker room and the expectations/insanity of their board.

#WengerIn :SmugBlatt:

Last edited: