Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I assume you meant own goals?
Yeah I just corrected it. Anywho.... My boy who's a Barca fan going ham on pep and how he keeps getting "exposed" and how it's happening at City now, I'm not sure how much validity is behind that, I don't follow pep's tactics that deep.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Yeah I just corrected it. Anywho.... My boy who's a Barca fan going ham on pep and how he keeps getting "exposed" and how it's happening at City now, I'm not sure how much validity is behind that, I don't follow pep's tactics that deep.
Pep is a checkbook manager who doesn’t take on challenging jobs.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY

Pep’s whole tactic is total possession which isn’t bad but you notice teams that utilize possession or “tiki taka” style of futbol have weak defenses. Teams that either clog the midfield with 5 midfielders to close down passing lanes or play high press always beat those type of teams. Bayern against Barca, Brazil against Spain, Chile against Spain, France against Germany etc. He keeps getting exposed. Liverpool play high press octane futbol. This is why the name of the thread is RIP tiki taka cuz it has been figured out how to beat it. You need to have the right coach and players to beat possession football.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I'll be content with Liverpool going through to the semi finals then getting trounced by Madrid :yeshrug:dunno if Liverpool's play style would do damage against Bayern since their defence is competent and Barcelona is 50/50
Their front 3 can keep bath Marcelo and Carvahal at bay, so their attack from the wing will be naturalize.

I think it will be a close tie

Bayern were not impressive against Sevilla and Barca midfield is stupid slow and non mobile.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Man City 2017/18
Arsenal Invincibles
Chelsea 2004/05
Man Utd treble-winning side

Who do you guys think is better? :jbhmm:

Chelsea 2004/05:
  • Most wins in a season
  • Fewest home defeats in a season
  • Most consecutive home games undefeated
  • Fewest goals conceded in a season
  • Fewest goals conceded away in a season
  • Most points in a season
:banderas:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
H
its funny hearing that even before coming to City. I don’t get how he is getting exposed or is a fraud when he’s been successful everywhere he has gone both with trophies and implement his style. He wins trophies with his style of play. Now is he going to be able win year in and out absolutely not. Not many teams can. And if pep is a checkebook manager what does that make any other manager of a top side.

Klopp is one of the few managers that has the formula and sets up to play to beat pep. He gets much credit.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pep’s whole tactic is total possession which isn’t bad but you notice teams that utilize possession or “tiki taka” style of futbol have weak defenses. Teams that either clog the midfield with 5 midfielders to close down passing lanes or play high press always beat those type of teams. Bayern against Barca, Brazil against Spain, Chile against Spain, France against Germany etc. He keeps getting exposed. Liverpool play high press octane futbol. This is why the name of the thread is RIP tiki taka cuz it has been figured out how to beat it. You need to have the right coach and players to beat possession football.

How has it been figured out when it’s still winning trophies. If it was figured out you wouldn’t need the right coach players etc. to beat it. If that’s the case ever system is figured out. It’s just how either stubborn or how much you believe in your system what takes it from good to great.

If pep is getting exposed every other manager been exposed. But as I said before Liverpool specifically kloppp has peps number just as how pep has mourhino and plenty of other managers number when you loook at th head to head. Just enjoy the battle of the different philosophies and the chess matches that ensue

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
e6L7YRc.jpg

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
:why: Where the soccer watchers at? Y’all ain’t seen Cristiano Ronaldo’a bicycle kick yesterday? :dahell: Nobody’s gonna talk about man city getting they ass beat by Liverpool? Y’all waiting on the World Cup this summer to start acting like y’all been watching soccer forever?

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
I'll be content with Liverpool going through to the semi finals then getting trounced by Madrid :yeshrug:dunno if Liverpool's play style would do damage against Bayern since their defence is competent and Barcelona is 50/50

if we play Bayern, we’re good as qualified to the finale, not because we’ve already beat them this season, but because Klopp has got the magic to make it happen

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
:why: Where the soccer watchers at? Y’all ain’t seen Cristiano Ronaldo’a bicycle kick yesterday? :dahell: Nobody’s gonna talk about man city getting they ass beat by Liverpool? Y’all waiting on the World Cup this summer to start acting like y’all been watching soccer forever?
Lmao at the brother @Barnett114 moving this nikka thread to the soccer thread. lol

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
DGTvRx1.png

:dahell: