Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He said he doesn't understand how Americans can stan a European team and told him how. Most Americans ain't settling to watch a B league soccer teams play.
Most Americans watch college sports, that's C team level talent. America generally supports their teams and leagues if it's at a high enough level.

Taco

All Star
Daps
Most Americans watch college sports, that's C team level talent. America generally supports their teams and leagues if it's at a high enough level.
That is true for sports that Americans dominate. When it comes to soccer not so much.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I never understood how someone in fukking North America or Africa could stan a European squad. All the Latinos I know stan some club like Saprissa, Cruz Azul, America or Chivas. South Americans stan Boca Juniors, River Plate, Santos, Flamengo, etc. Stan your home team. Atlanta fukking United. I feel we are the best in North America. No one could fukk with us. I love my squad.

Yeah, being "loyal" to a club that's not in your country is the stupidest concept ever.

If I happen to stop or start vibing with a foreign team, there's nothing truly plastic about it.

I follow more than one foreign team.

Being a plastic/bandwagon fan only exists in one's respective domestic league.

In the MLS, I fukk with NYCFC.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Sergio Aguero injured in Amsterdam car crash as Manchester City star faces two months out with suspected broken ribs after taxi hit a pole on way to the airport after pop concert

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has reportedly suffered broken ribs after the Argentine forward was involved in a car crash in Amsterdam on Thursday night.

Reports in Argentina said Aguero, who was in Holland to attend a concert of Colombian singer-songwriter Maluma, was riding in a taxi when the vehicle crashed into a pole. City later confirmed their striker had 'sustained injuries' during the incident.

Aguero, 29, is thought to have escaped more serious injuries because he was wearing his seatbelt during the incident, which is said to have happened while he was making his way back to the airport, but is thought to have received hospital treatment as a result.

44D8920B00000578-4932200-image-a-26_1506665909699.jpg

Terrible news, just glad it's only his ribs. If nothing else I hope people take this as a message on the importance of wearing their safety belt. I'd hate to think what the result would have been if he wasn't wearing it.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Terrible news, just glad it's only his ribs. If nothing else I hope people take this as a message on the importance of wearing their safety belt. I'd hate to think what the result would have been if he wasn't wearing it.

If Citehs had a run of hard fixtures coming up, it could of been the day Citeh lost the title, if Aguero is out for a sustained period. Jesus isn't going to perform miracles every game (even tho his stats suggest he does). But after Saturday's game vs Chelsea , between then till December the only hard fixtures they have are Arsenal (yeah yeah we know Arsenal ain't winning the league, but Wenger has abetter winning record then most over Pep) and the CL games vs Napoli and Shaktar away.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I never understood how someone in fukking North America or Africa could stan a European squad. All the Latinos I know stan some club like Saprissa, Cruz Azul, America or Chivas. South Americans stan Boca Juniors, River Plate, Santos, Flamengo, etc. Stan your home team. Atlanta fukking United. I feel we are the best in North America. No one could fukk with us. I love my squad.

The soccer is trash and there's no support for it financially at the college level.

So to see matches at the highest level you have to watch European football. Also, Europe has all the personalities. RC7, Messi, Neymar are world celebrities. But we forget that players like Henry, Drogba, Ronaldinho (especially), and others were such great ambassadors for the game world wide and THEY were in Europe.

People DO stan their home squads, its just that MLS is so inorganic outside of the northwest. There's also no excitement brought on by the relegation system. Soccer structurally in America is just not that good.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The soccer is trash and there's no support for it financially at the college level.

So to see matches at the highest level you have to watch European football. Also, Europe has all the personalities. RC7, Messi, Neymar are world celebrities. But we forget that players like Henry, Drogba, Ronaldinho (especially), and others were such great ambassadors for the game world wide and THEY were in Europe.

People DO stan their home squads, its just that MLS is so inorganic outside of the northwest. There's also no excitement brought on by the relegation system. Soccer structurally in America is just not that good.
Most good college players come from other academies globally and the US academy.

The MLS is far from trash. I would say it's a step below the Argentine league and on par with Championship. Night and day improvement from 2008 much less 2014.

It's a good league. Not the MX but it's pretty good.

Atlanta and Orlando fukk with the MLS heavy

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yeah, being "loyal" to a club that's not in your country is the stupidest concept ever.

If I happen to stop or start vibing with a foreign team, there's nothing truly plastic about it.

I follow more than one foreign team.

Being a plastic/bandwagon fan only exists in one's respective domestic league.

In the MLS, I fukk with NYCFC.
Exactly, I am from Atlanta, if I was a Laker fan, I would be a bandwagon fan but if I lived in England, I could be a Laker fan with Kobe but a Thunder fan with Westbrook and it don't even matter. The league is foreign.

It doesn't make sense to stan a team and live you in the states unless you got family tied to that team from when your dad was in the military or some shyt

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Massive bust-up in Benfica has star man in big trouble

Though, to make things even worse, reports today confirm that there has been a big bust-up within the squad.

That comes in the form of Gabriel Barbosa (commonly known as Gabigol) and defender Jardel.

There are no suggestions as of yet that this had an effect on the game but it has seemingly but a massive damper on the relationship of the squad.

Gabigol had to be held back from trading blows with Jardel with compatriot Jonas helping to keep the player out of trouble by stopping any further confrontation.

Santos boys punking their peers across Europe :whew:

I fully expect to see a story about Felipe Anderson beating down Immobile by next week.

Seriously though I knew Gabi should've signed with Las Palmas. That was a great chance to get more playing time in a top league with a lot less pressure

Last edited: