Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:mjlol:

No we won't. We looked like fukking amateurs against a team that scored their first (and only) World Cup goal IN THE LAST WORLD CUP. :comeon:

#IBelieveThatWeAreTrash

The whole apparatus is fukked. Jurgen was right...until this shyt comes to the hood/underclass the USA got NO hope of contending in the WC. Period.
The game was marketed to young girls in the late 80's, early 90's and look, the USWNT is far and away the best side on Earth...you bugging if you think this is acceptable for a nation of our size and wealth.

It's not acceptable I want the president and the coach gone. Still the players are capable. I kept hearing MLS is helping out players from South America and Central America. Well it should also be helping the Americans too... I'm not much of a fan of MLS even though I have a team... I think it has to do with the constant switching Arena is doing with the club. It doesn't make any sense.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

Good kit, but not my favorite this new year and not even the best Le Coq Sportif kit of the year.

fiorentina_17_18_le_coq_sportif_kits_shirts.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Honest question. Was the competition as good to qualify back then?

Also Maradona did cheat to win. Without the "Hand of God" Argentina maybe doesn't get by England in the quarterfinals. Think of how that single play changed the course of two countries history forever.

But yes. This Argentina team is a disgrace.

Maradona took 2 average Argentinian teams to back 2 back world cup finals, the 2nd time was even better considering his ankle was the size of a tennis ball for the whole tournament. He took a non successful Southern Italian team, with only 2 major trophies before his arrival and left them with their 1st ever league title (won 2, while he was there) and 1st ever european title (Uefa Cup / europa league). He basically doubled Napoli's honours in 7 seasons at the club (he won 4 major honours). All the while going up against giants such as Juve & Sacchi's Milan.

The best 2 players Maradona played with when he was Napoli were Alemao & Careca and he won a titles, before they even came to the club.

Maradona played in an era of shyt pitches and where tackling resembled playing American football and you actually had to do something nasty to get a booking.

One of the main reasons why Messi struggles internationally, he doesnt have Iniesta and Xavi controlling the tempo of the game and he has to do everything himself. Argentina blessed with attacking players but midfield is :hhh: the best midfielder of Messi's Argentina generation is Banega and his career has been up and down can, (had spark when he started, got his leg run over by his own doing, became a drunk, was injury prone, then managed to have a good 2 seasons, moved to Inter and went back to type).

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Maradona took 2 average Argentinian teams to back 2 back world cup finals, the 2nd time was even better considering his ankle was the size of a tennis ball for the whole tournament. He took a non successful Southern Italian team, with only 2 major trophies before his arrival and left them with their 1st ever league title (won 2, while he was there) and 1st ever european title (Uefa Cup / europa league). He basically doubled Napoli's honours in 7 seasons at the club (he won 4 major honours). All the while going up against giants such as Juve & Sacchi's Milan.

The best 2 players Maradona played with when he was Napoli were Alemao & Careca and he won a titles, before they even came to the club.

Maradona played in an era of shyt pitches and where tackling resembled playing American football and you actually had to do something nasty to get a booking.

One of the main reasons why Messi struggles internationally, he doesnt have Iniesta and Xavi controlling the tempo of the game and he has to do everything himself. Argentina blessed with attacking players but midfield is :hhh: the best midfielder of Messi's Argentina generation is Banega and his career has been up and down can, (had spark when he started, got his leg run over by his own doing, became a drunk, was injury prone, then managed to have a good 2 seasons, moved to Inter and went back to type).

Dap+rep

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Wow. He is a club and national legend. L after L for Barca.

More than a club they say.:sas2:

All the superstar/key players who've played a part in Barca's success and who are loved by the fans always leave Barca with a rather bitter taste. Only been happening for the past 20 years or so. :sas1:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's not acceptable I want the president and the coach gone. Still the players are capable. I kept hearing MLS is helping out players from South America and Central America. Well it should also be helping the Americans too... I'm not much of a fan of MLS even though I have a team... I think it has to do with the constant switching Arena is doing with the club. It doesn't make any sense.

American soccer writers love mentioning how MLS is helping Central American countries close the gap in CONCACAF. Meanwhile it's seemingly done fukk-all for American player development and coaching. Especially coaching.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
American soccer writers love mentioning how MLS is helping Central American countries close the gap in CONCACAF. Meanwhile it's seemingly done fukk-all for American player development and coaching. Especially coaching.

America has a strange youth development system.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah it's a weird double edge sword

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honest question. Was the competition as good to qualify back then?

Also Maradona did cheat to win. Without the "Hand of God" Argentina maybe doesn't get by England in the quarterfinals. Think of how that single play changed the course of two countries history forever.

But yes. This Argentina team is a disgrace.

Doesnt matter what the competition is when your team is stacked messi aguero dimaria dybala icardi even (fraud) higuain have more skill than whatever brazil can sum up at the moment, and whats the result arg is in 5th while bra booked their tickets already

I could probably make a case for maradona having a weaker team to support him but im also aware the football changed quite a bit so the comparison cant be exact

However if messi wants the goat crown he needs to show and prove now cuz next years wc could be the last one before flab gets to him, don diego won titles with both club and country and did in style (mano de dios apart) dude was ballin, messi kinda shy for the pumas...

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Doesnt matter what the competition is when your team is stacked messi aguero dimaria dybala icardi even (fraud) higuain have more skill than whatever brazil can sum up at the moment, and whats the result arg is in 5th while bra booked their tickets already

I could probably make a case for maradona having a weaker team to support him but im also aware the football changed quite a bit so the comparison cant be exact

However if messi wants the goat crown he needs to show and prove now cuz next years wc could be the last one before flab gets to him, don diego won titles with both club and country and did in style (mano de dios apart) dude was ballin, messi kinda shy for the pumas...

Has Messi won the South American equivalent to Euros? C. Ronaldo got the Euros Cup (thanks to the yung gawd Renato Sanches)

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
The US players get complacent once they get the big $$ from the MLS. The players from the smaller CONACAF nation's get a step up in comp being in the MLS and most are just not well known players out here

Look at Jozy and MB90 when they were at AZ and Roma respectively , both were hungry cause there was a motherfukker that will swooped that spot and both came back for pretty much the $ and since then both from has been up and down in form since they know they there spots are pretty much safe in the MLS teams

Sunlil(dude running US soccer) gotta go, this is back to back coaches that have flopped. I was hoping they would keep Jurgen in the director role cause dude could motivate and recruit brehs to the team. Bruce is some MLS fanboy and that will be his downfall, if we make it to the WC. This is 2006 all over again

We should be ABLE to get the 3rd spot, if not, the 4th but the way the US team has been playing, dont rule out if the US team is watching the World Cup On Fox like you and me