Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
150 million plus one player just for mbappe is the finesse of the century. Wtf psg?:mjlol: psg owners moving wild out here. Now i know dortmund must have been asking for 150 million plus for dembele.
i was right :ohhh:barca buying dembele for 150 mill.

Majestic

Daps
Neymar was better than dembele at his age and still is. Lol. Buying dembele aint gonna make a difference. The whole barca team needs restructuring.

Majestic

Daps
I feel like with Barca FO collapsing and his rise being so fast, he's headed for a career setback. Not one that'll kill his career, but I think he gets sold for 75 cents on the dollar to Arsenal in 2 years.
Going to barca may end up as thr worst decision he's ever took imo.

Majestic

Daps
Dembele to Barca he is going to shine. The guy has had meteoric rise from Rennes mid-table club in Ligue 1 to Barca in 4 years.
Neymar was a better player at his age and last season real ruled over barca. What will dembele add?

Majestic

Daps
If dortmund were smart they'd stop the dembele transfer now cause group H looking real tough tbh. Too late to find a dembele replacement. What big club sells one of their best players this late in the market?

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Neymar was a better player at his age and last season real ruled over barca. What will dembele add?

Neymar at 20 was better than what Dembele is at now? At 20, Neymar was still in South America which has some respectable teams and good competition at club level but it's not Europe but at 20 Dembele has played in the Champions League and meaningful games has broken into a very talented French first team which is in my opinion the second best side in Europe after WC Champion Germany.

He has been a star in the Bundesliga which is a top 3 league in the world and was named on the Bundesliga team of the season last season. Neymar is a better player NOW but let's not say that Neymar at 20 is better than Dembele now who is 20 years old.

He has a similar game to Neymar can dribble has pace. I mean it is kind of unfair to expect him to be as good as Neymar (3rd best player in the world). You can ask that question of which player can add more to the rest of the world, you won't find anybody except for Messi or Ronaldo. So it's extremely unfair to ask Dembele NOW at 20 years old to essentially surpass the third best player in the world.

Last edited:

The Eliminator

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bulgaria
If dortmund were smart they'd stop the dembele transfer now cause group H looking real tough tbh. Too late to find a dembele replacement. What big club sells one of their best players this late in the market?
And other clubs will know that they got 150 million so the prices will be up considerably
I won't be surprised if they spend 70-80 million for the substitute

e001

Superstar
Daps
Neymar at 20 was better than what Dembele is at now? At 20, Neymar was still in South America which has some respectable teams and good competition at club level but it's not Europe but at 20 Dembele has played in the Champions League and meaningful games has broken into a very talented French first team which is in my opinion the second best side in Europe after WC Champion Germany.

He has been a star in the Bundesliga which is a top 3 league in the world and was named on the Bundesliga team of the season last season. Neymar is a better player NOW but let's not say that Neymar at 20 is better than Dembele now who is 20 years old.

Neymar carried Santos on his back to win the Libertadores in 2011 which is the hardest club competition in the world, and he was already too good to play here, he overstayed his welcome, he would have easily started for Barcelona at 18 years old ahead of Pedro, Dembelé was never as good as Neymar, just because you didn't watch him it doesn't mean he wasn't proven. He was already a starter for the national team at that point.

Light

Pro
Daps

Real won the league by three points last season. They also lost to Barca 3-2 in a game that could have guaranteed them the title if they won. Neymar also did not play in that game. Dembele isn't nearly as good as Neymar, but that doesn't mean they don't have a chance against real.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Neymar carried Santos on his back to win the Libertadores in 2011 which is the hardest club competition in the world, and he was already too good to play here, he overstayed his welcome, he would have easily started for Barcelona at 19 years old ahead of Pedro, Dembelé was never as good as Neymar, just because you didn't watch him it doesn't mean he wasn't proven. He was already a starter for the national team at that point.

Yea I don't deal with hypotheticals it's too complicated and there are too many variables. Neymar at 20 was still in South America and we would never know how good he would have been if he was at Barcelona at that age. One can make a counter-argument that those extra two years in South America helped him hit the ground in Europe running or that if he had came straight at that young age to Barcelona the biggest or 2nd biggest club in the world with all that pressure he would not have succeeded or flamed out or been a Robinho who didn't quite live up to the expectations and prior rep in Brazil. Too many what ifs.

Secondly, I am not saying that because I didn't watch him means he was not proven. I am saying that despite the quality level of club teams in South America it's not Bundesliga and it's not comparable to competing in the Champions League at that age against the likes of Real Madrid and domestically competing against Bayern Munich.

Dembele now has accomplished more than Neymar at his age for all the facts I highlighted in my previous post.

Last edited:

e001

Superstar
Daps
Yea I don't deal with hypotheticals it's too complicated and there are too many variables. Neymar at 20 was still in South America and we would never know how good he would have been if he was at Barcelona at that age. One can make a counter-argument that those extra two years in South America helped him hit the ground in Europe running or that if he had came straight to Barcelona the biggest or 2nd biggest club in the world with all that pressure he would not have succeeded or flamed out or been a Robinho who didn't quite live up to the expectations and prior rep in Brazil. Too many what ifs?

Dembele now has accomplished more than Neymar at his age for all the facts I highlighted in my previous post.

Pedro was never as good as Neymar other than his first year as a professional, it's that simple. He doesn't feel pressure, I thought that was pretty clear by now, that's one of his biggest strengths.

How has Dembelé accomplished more than him at 20? What did he accomplish playing in France? Which is a weaker league than the brazilian.

- Champion and top scorer of the Copa do Brasil (Brazilian Cup) in 2010 at 18
- Nominated as a Ballon D'Or candidate playing in south america at 19
- Top goal scorer, champion and best player of the Libertadores in 2011
- Silver medal at the olympics in 2012
- Carried Brazil to win the confederations cup in 2013 trashing Spain in the finals and beating Italy and other great national teams along the way
- Carried a struggling and terrible coached Brazil to the semi-finals of the world cup in 2014.
- Sold by, reportedly, a record fee straight to Barcelona, and he left money on the table to join them because Real Madrid offered way more, he was commited with Barça in 2011 at 18 years old.

Dembelé has never accomplished anything in his career, bundesliga team of the season :deadmanny:

Last edited:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Pedro was never as good as Neymar, it's that simple. He doesn't feel pressure, I thought that was pretty clear by now, that's one of his biggest strengths.

How has Dembelé accomplished more than him at 20? What did he accomplish playing in France? Which is a weaker league than the brazilian.

Champion and top scorer of the Copa do Brasil (Brazilian Cup) in 2010 at 18, nominated to the Ballon D'Or playing in south america at 19, Top goal scorer, champion and best player of the Libertadores in 2011, silver medal at the olympics in 2012, carried Brazil to win the confederations cup in 2013 trashing Spain in the finals and beating Italy and other great national teams along the way and he was sold by reportedly a record fee straight to Barcelona, and he left money on the table to join them because Real Madrid offered way more money, he was commited with Barça in 2011 at 18 years old.

Dembelé has never accomplished anything in his career.

Nobody cares about the Ballon D'Or in South America when people talk Ballon D 'Or it is often talked about those who are playing in European domestic leagues. Like it or not European leagues are the litmus test for world football not South America or any other continent.

He has done a lot which actually helps bolster my argument that at that age he became even a better player in stronger league (Bundesliga). He was named best young player of the year in Ligue 1 his only year of playing on the first team for that one year. The next season, he was both rookie of the year in Bundesliga and named on the team of the year at his position last year. You can see the progression. Won a trophy last year, the equivalent of the FA/Copa Del Rey in Germany in his first year.

He competed in the CL last year and was named in their young/breakthrough team. He was on the Bundesliga team of the year. The same Bundesliga you are dissing produced most of the players in the German WC winning roster which trashed a Neymar-led Brazil team 7-1 in the 2014 World Cup. Dembele competed week in and out against these guys and was able to be named rookie of the year and earn a spot on the team of the year.

If you are able to be named on the team of the year in your first year, you can play.

Last edited: