Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Conte left Juve under not so different circumstances , there have been grumblings about United's transfer activity too with all those targets falling through. The market for strikers is rough, if you take out Barca,Real, Bayern, PSG and Juve who have the top strikers in this market you are left with Aubamayeng, Icardi, Morata, and Belotti as the strikers that have been identified as potential targets. Outside of them the market is thinning out unless a team can identify a striker with potential and ready for a break out season.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Conte left Juve under not so different circumstances , there have been grumblings about United's transfer activity too with all those targets falling through. The market for strikers is rough, if you take out Barca,Real, Bayern, PSG and Juve who have the top strikers in this market you are left with Aubamayeng, Icardi, Morata, and Belotti as the strikers that have been identified as potential targets. Outside of them the market is thinning out unless a team can identify a striker with potential and ready for a break out season.

I believe strikers are available but, clubs are asking for stupid money for these strikers. Everton wanted 100 mill for Lukaku. 75 mill is still too much for Lukaku. At best 60 million is the most I would spend on him.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe strikers are available but, clubs are asking for stupid money for these strikers. Everton wanted 100 mill for Lukaku. 75 mill is still too much for Lukaku. At best 60 million is the most I would spend on him.
The market is crazy like that. Look at Higuain's fee from Real to Napoli to Juve where it seemed his value just tripled even taking into account he was a top scorer for Napoli. Lukaku's fee for Everton was also considered high when he moved but it turned out well for them. I believe it is a combination of strikers being expensive plus intra-EPL transfers generally being way above what other leagues pay for players of higher or equivalent quality. Suarez release clause was 40 million pounds like 3 or 4 seasons back, today he would be a 100milion easily.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I'm cool with Lukkaku if it goes through better than paying 80 for Morata

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm cool with Lukkaku if it goes through better than paying 80 for Morata
Perez is playing the transfer business on another level, Levy comes close but being able to get that much for Morata coming off the bench is something else even after scoring a modest amount while on loan to Juve. I also read that their youth team has a bunch of gems in there too ready to take over when they phase out some of their guys.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Lukaku >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Morata, in nearly every category.
Morata also has the mental fortitude of a teenage boy. He broke down at Juve because his GF broke up with him and his teammates had to set him up with a nice Italian girl to get him to calm tf down and play.

Mourinho is an idiot, sold Lukaku and KDB and look at them now, both would massively improve his team lol.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Perez is playing the transfer business on another level, Levy comes close but being able to get that much for Morata coming off the bench is something else even after scoring a modest amount while on loan to Juve. I also read that their youth team has a bunch of gems in there too ready to take over when they phase out some of their guys.

I see Real Madrid dominating for a long time.So much quality youth coming through. Barcelona are in real trouble, without MSN, the team is average at best & the academy isnt producing quality players

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see Real Madrid dominating for a long time.So much quality youth coming through. Barcelona are in real trouble, without MSN, the team is average at best & the academy isnt producing quality players

They took part of Barca's blueprint and invested in their midfield, have way better fullbacks and a better bench than Barca. Like you said the only good part of Barca is their front 3 but Real has made improvements everywhere else to be less reliant on that front 3. Whereas Real used to be stuck in controversy about the appropriate role of older legends like Raul and Casillas , Barcelona seems to be content with relying on tweaks to the Pep 2009-2012 era teams. They are more ruthless at Real these days, they have moved on lots of their older players and Barca are just content with buying bench players to rotate with their established 11. They are linked to Paulinho :mjcry:brought back Defoleu , don't seem to be in the market for a right back. They will be even more dependent on Messi who is increasingly playing the way he did for Argentina trying to play like Xavi and the number 10 combined.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
lol. If Lukaku to Manu is legit, their playing style is gonna be even more depressing to watch. Pogba is `literally the only creative outlet besides Mata(who barely plays). They need to get forwards who can create for themselves not a glorified donkey. :dead:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
They took part of Barca's blueprint and invested in their midfield, have way better fullbacks and a better bench than Barca. Like you said the only good part of Barca is their front 3 but Real has made improvements everywhere else to be less reliant on that front 3. Whereas Real used to be stuck in controversy about the appropriate role of older legends like Raul and Casillas , Barcelona seems to be content with relying on tweaks to the Pep 2009-2012 era teams. They are more ruthless at Real these days, they have moved on lots of their older players and Barca are just content with buying bench players to rotate with their established 11. They are linked to Paulinho :mjcry:brought back Defoleu , don't seem to be in the market for a right back. They will be even more dependent on Messi who is increasingly playing the way he did for Argentina trying to play like Xavi and the number 10 combined.

I think Barca are broke that's why they sign these shytty players.
Messi just signed a new contract, MSN Salary is too high, Barca don't have PSG, City, Chelsea, Real 'fukk you money'.
Might also be why La Masia currently has a fire sale going on.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Im convinced Ronaldo is as close to a real Bruce Wayne as we'll ever get

He and Jeter are on another level with how to handle these hoes in the social media era. I mean come'on, how is it he is probably smashing chicks regularly that are dimes and non of them are out gloating about it.

Makes you wonder...:ohhh:

About bruce wayne :troll:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I'm not that big on Lukaku but his goal record is nothing sniff at so I'm all fot him coming to join UtD.
I think he'll form a good partnership with Rashford and Martial. Ibra scored some goals but wasn't looking to pass to a goddamn soul.