Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
enhanced-842-1416522845-14.jpg.f8b9af18a13736d0cfe1fb028fb655df.jpg.faab5e185bda49f592d08f08246afaf0.jpg

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Antoine Griezmann says he would only leave Atletico Madrid to play alongside Derrick Rose for NBA side New York Knicks.

"I would only leave Atleti to play with Derrick Rose," the 26-year-old jokingly told Cadena Ser.

"I am very comfortable here and now have to meet my representative with [Atletico Madrid CEO] Miguel Angel Gil Marin and see what happens," he said.

"I am happy. If I am happy in my personal life I will be happy in the profession. I love [coach Diego] Simeone and I love my mates. I'm still as happy as the first day I introduced myself. I wish I could continue to enjoy my private and sports life.

Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann has said he has "no reason to leave" but wants to see what signings the club are able to make in the summer.

He said Atletico's ambitions for next year would be defined by the club's activity in the transfer market, adding: "The objective is decided by the president and the signings he makes.

"Now we will see if he can fulfil that. What we have been doing with this squad is fantastic. We will continue here while we can."

Atleti have been linked with a move for Paris Saint-Germain star Edinson Cavani and Griezmann said he was "a big fan," also praising Lyon's Alexandre Lacazette.

"I know Cavani will give everything for every ball," he added. "He would be a top signing.

"I am not going to be objective talking about Lacazette as he is a very good friend of mine. I loved playing with him [for France]. He is a bit like Luciano Vietto but maybe scores more goals."

Seems like Griezmann has his heart set on staying at Atleti, as long as they're dedicated to winning.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps

Man Utd are also interested in buying another former player Michael Keane