Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
No I'm not. When dude is around other players who are working hard his lethargy fades and when that happens he has the ability to take matches over. And if you looked at his touches, assists, and chances created last season when Giroud and Alexis were healthy and finishing, dude was the best CAM in the Prem WITHOUT question. Place world class players like MSN in front of him and I'd think he'd be invigorated. Again, I could be wrong but I'm almost sure he wont be at Arsenal next season anyway.
Mesut Ozil is a very lazy and soft player..he dosent deserve to play with galacticos..him being the best number 10 in the epl,in the past is now irrelevant..De Bruyne and Couthino are much better players...which top team will actually use a Number 10 to begin with.. who's not able to adapt like James Rodriguez and Oscar hes in the same position.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I'm not. When dude is around other players who are working hard his lethargy fades and when that happens he has the ability to take matches over. And if you looked at his touches, assists, and chances created last season when Giroud and Alexis were healthy and finishing, dude was the best CAM in the Prem WITHOUT question. Place world class players like MSN in front of him and I'd think he'd be invigorated. Again, I could be wrong but I'm almost sure he wont be at Arsenal next season anyway.

I don't disagree. But I also don't see Rakitic having the shyt season he's having two years in a row. If anything they need a more dynamic CAM/CM to come in when Iniesta eventually retires. The problem is at Barca your CMs work just as hard without the ball as they do with. I can't see many young CMs they could go and buy with that quality. I'd see them more making another move for Bellerin and moving Sergi back to his natural position. I could see perhaps a Alli from Spurs or someone like that with loads of talent that needs that final push of a top side to finish his maturation. I used to dream of Pogba in this side, but not any more :snoop:

Gomes is a bust. Period. I don't know what he's doing in training but he's not the quality Barca needs
Ozil's problem is the lack of top teams that use a number 10 in the way he is utilized at Arsenal. Maybe Juve/PSG could but if he was used in the same manner as Silva for City then I could see him move. Barca's midfield 3 works without a 10 because of Messi. I think Veratti could have been a good option because he is a good ball carrier out of defence into midfield and can go past players as well. It's a game of thin margins at the top level, the first leg against PSG the strategy by PSG was to collapse on Messi and Neymar because they rightly assumed that closing those 2 down would disrupt their attack. Bellerin is injured currently , badly out of form and is supposed to undergo surgery in the offseason. He may improve at Barca but the current version is a big risk. I think if they stick with Alba, getting a more defensively solid RB would work. In 2011 Abidal used to slot in and become a 3rd CB while Alves pushed up. It also helped that Maxwell and Adriano were good backup options.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps

I don't disagree. But I also don't see Rakitic having the shyt season he's having two years in a row. If anything they need a more dynamic CAM/CM to come in when Iniesta eventually retires. The problem is at Barca your CMs work just as hard without the ball as they do with. I can't see many young CMs they could go and buy with that quality. I'd see them more making another move for Bellerin and moving Sergi back to his natural position. I could see perhaps a Alli from Spurs or someone like that with loads of talent that needs that final push of a top side to finish his maturation. I used to dream of Pogba in this side, but not any more :snoop:

Gomes is a bust. Period. I don't know what he's doing in training but he's not the quality Barca needs
You watch Barca, so you know how important pressing is, Ozil wouldn't thrive at Barca. His Laziness would impede the team.

Pogba would absolutely thrive at Barca, Bayern, Real. Provided his responsibilities are mainly offensive like at Juve (LCM, AM) and defends only when he can.
Mourinho is a bad coach for him.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
"Oxlade-Chamberlain linked with £35m Liverpool move as sharks circle Arsenal"
:mjlol: 35 mil for the next theo walcott
:russ:

That nikka is doodoo i highly doubt liverpool would pay that much for him hes bench player at best.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Mesut Ozil is a very lazy and soft player..he dosent deserve to play with galacticos..him being the best number 10 in the epl,in the past is now irrelevant..De Bruyne and Couthino are much better players...which top team will actually use a Number 10 to begin with.. who's not able to adapt like James Rodriguez and Oscar hes in the same position.

Ozil's problem is the lack of top teams that use a number 10 in the way he is utilized at Arsenal. Maybe Juve/PSG could but if he was used in the same manner as Silva for City then I could see him move. Barca's midfield 3 works without a 10 because of Messi. I think Veratti could have been a good option because he is a good ball carrier out of defence into midfield and can go past players as well. It's a game of thin margins at the top level, the first leg against PSG the strategy by PSG was to collapse on Messi and Neymar because they rightly assumed that closing those 2 down would disrupt their attack. Bellerin is injured currently , badly out of form and is supposed to undergo surgery in the offseason. He may improve at Barca but the current version is a big risk. I think if they stick with Alba, getting a more defensively solid RB would work. In 2011 Abidal used to slot in and become a 3rd CB while Alves pushed up. It also helped that Maxwell and Adriano were good backup options.

You watch Barca, so you know how important pressing is, Ozil wouldn't thrive at Barca. His Laziness would impede the team.

Pogba would absolutely thrive at Barca, Bayern, Real. Provided his responsibilities are mainly offensive like at Juve (LCM, AM) and defends only when he can.
Mourinho is a bad coach for him.

Ya'll aren't wrong. I watch Arsenal as much as Barca and yes he does have what seems to be a lack of defensive motivation. However, I also know that when you actually watch the match in its entirety, he has amazing spacial awareness and his vision is impecable. With the right skipper and the right CDM I think it could be a great move. With Santi Cazorla/Francis Coquelin behind him he almost broke the assists record...nither one of those players are as world class as anyone currently in the starting 11 for Barca. That's my observation...:manny: But in some cases yes he could be a liability...but hell Gomes and Mathieu are liabilities and neither have the talent to offset that lack of hustle.

I wanted Pogba on the squad so bad...I'm interested in Alex Iwobi's maturation Arsenal, De Bryune and Sane at City and Alli at Spurs as all cats who could set the BPL ablaze...which means they end up in Spain at some point.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I

Well, Bayern are fukked. Neuer's first match from injury too.

Hummels out too.

giphy.gif