Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Midfield is not as good as it was, their last CL title was down to their front line. Messi's 2015 is up there with his Pep era displays, he played a hybrid role playmaking and finishing. Lucho moved the emphasis away from midfield tiki taka to the forwards. Real have a far better midfield, Casimero is the only one who could be seen as a weak link but he does the job he is supposed to do. Their defence is also bad at the moment and could be improved.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Barca bench been trash they better hope decent Mids are coming up from the la masia academy or atleast go buy good depth players. Players like andre gomes shouldn't be playing CL Quater finals game.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thiago (best mid in the world right now, Barca miss him), Vidal, Alonslow, Martinez, Alaba. Is better than the ageing liability that is barca's midfield.

Kroos, Modric, Casemiro. Are a better midfield than Barca currently.
In the past they used to have undoubtedly the best midfielders, now a lot of the players you mentioned could walk into their midfield. Kroos,Modric,Veratti,Thiago,Pjanic, Modric are better than their options currently.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
midfield,defense & bench is trash, they havent invested in decent players. Unless they buy over summer, they in trouble

Agreed to all. But clubs like Real Bayern and Barca dont downfall but go into transitioning when things dont work any longer. New coach, new players and they good to go.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Barcelona's Neymar misses Clasico after being hit with three-game ban
Barcelona will be without Neymar for this month's Clasico against Real Madrid after he was banned for three matches by the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF). Neymar was sent off for picking up two yellow cards as Barca were beaten at Malaga on Saturday, becoming their first player to be dismissed in La Liga since October 2015.

When it rains it pours :heh:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Missed the game but :damn:
I agree with the people saying barca's midfield isn't the same. It's not bad but not there with the other 3 or 4 big clubs.

Coming back against Juve's defence going to be Tough

As a Real fan, Bayern got me a bit shook :lupe:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Missed the game but :damn:
I agree with the people saying barca's midfield isn't the same. It's not bad but not there with the other 3 or 4 big clubs.

Coming back against Juve's defence going to be Tough

As a Real fan, Bayern got me a bit shook :lupe:
Bayern is the only team that can take out R.Madrid. I cant wait, Bayern gonna eat yall up

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
They are no argue there currently. But iniesta busquets rakitic hardly played together this season. Barca's weak spot is the bench tho. The players that replace key players when needed are far below Barca level. And that goes for all 3 fronts.
I agree the bench is basura.

Barca need to:
Sell Matthieu, Gomes, Alacer.

I think Alba is going to Chelsea.

Buy:
Bernardo Silva or equivalent. Barca is not getting Thiago back, he loves it in Munich and is about to sign a huge new contract apparently $12 mil salary.

A DM to backup busquets but in the mold of Yaya Toure, a physical presence that is still technically excellent. They need options, busquets won't work every time. I'd say tolisso but he isn't proven yet.

A RB. No, Hector Bellerin is not Barca quality but he will be bought because nostalgia/EPL hype. Sergi Roberto is a midfielder, he doesn't belong at RB.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Paul Pogba Real Time from Manchester:
e136d6fbdac873c8b82519f1bd1e02f6_i-ve-made-a-huge-mistake-i-ve-ive-made-a-huge-mistake-meme_666-620.jpeg

I don't blame him choosing money, 15 million pounds that's nearly 19 million dollars salary alone for a 23 year old not including endorsements is insane.
So far it seems to be the wrong choice, playing under a coach like Mourinho he will not thrive. Nor will he win a balon d'or.