Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
I agree the bench is basura.

Barca need to:
Sell Matthieu, Gomes, Alacer.

I think Alba is going to Chelsea.

Buy:
Bernardo Silva or equivalent. Barca is not getting Thiago back, he loves it in Munich and is about to sign a huge new contract apparently $12 mil salary.

A DM to backup busquets but in the mold of Yaya Toure, a physical presence that is still technically excellent. They need options, busquets won't work every time. I'd say tolisso but he isn't proven yet.

A RB. No, Hector Bellerin is not Barca quality but he will be bought because nostalgia/EPL hype. Sergi Roberto is a midfielder, he doesn't belong at RB.
Tolisso is more of a box to box not a DM. He makes alot of forward runs and has knack for goal as seen this season. They should of got Grzegorz krychowiak before he join PSG or Matic.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Tolisso is more of a box to box not a DM. He makes alot of forward runs and has knack for goal as seen this season. They should of got Grzegorz krychowiak before he join PSG or Matic.
Tolisso plays RB as well that solves 2 of their problems.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I just can't figure out this Barcelona team:mindblown: I've never seen them this inconsistent. Don't get me wrong, Juve is a hell of a team. But to be be blanked out again in the Champions League first leg shows the lack of urgency in this team.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Paul Pogba Real Time from Manchester:
e136d6fbdac873c8b82519f1bd1e02f6_i-ve-made-a-huge-mistake-i-ve-ive-made-a-huge-mistake-meme_666-620.jpeg

I don't blame him choosing money, 15 million pounds that's nearly 19 million dollars salary alone for a 23 year old not including endorsements is insane.
So far it seems to be the wrong choice, playing under a coach like Mourinho he will not thrive. Nor will he win a balon d'or.
first year breh

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shades of Barcelona 2012/13 when they got blown out by Bayern. They were overmatched then and they are now, back then it was clear that the rest of Europe had caught on to their game and they could not live with Bayern's direct and aggressive approach. Barca has been peculiar in that they are far more reliant on their first team more than Real. Even in the Pep era they were heavily dependent on the first 11 and only brought in Seydou Keita when he needed to add muscle to midfield particularly in away CL matches while Bojan played sporadically. It is only during the Cesc period that they had a lot more established players on the bench, Cesc, Neymar, ThiagoSanchez and Pedro were all part of the first team. It is quite different from the Real galactico model where they have internationals on their bench. Isco, James, Kovacic, Varane, Contraeo, Morata are all players that could start for other teams and quite a few of them could be a cornerstone for other teams. Barcelona always supplemented the first 11 with their LaMasia kids in comparison to Real which is a big weakness when they haven't produced a lot of first team ready players.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mans like Dani Alves still ballin and stunting on Barce like :mj:
I thought he was going to get a red card the way he was going in the first half. He calmed down a bit in the second and almost got the 4th. He still is comfortably better than whatever Barca has on the right and I think he enjoyed the victory more given how he felt mistreated by the board in his last 2 or 3 years.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
midfield,defense & bench is trash, they havent invested in decent players. Unless they buy over summer, they in trouble

Iniesta and Sergio have still produced for the side. Rakitic is the only one in the midfield underperforming. The bench is hella weak which is a major issue. Gomes is a bust, Sergi Roberto been forced to play RB when he's a natural CM (which makes the defense weaker), Pique (although his match last night was horrid) has been solid. Umtiti has actually be strong is clearly the only new signing who has a future at the club. The issue has been the shape and the management, no way on earth should there be only three at the back when you have players with movement and finishing like Dybala, finishing like Higuain and speed like Cuadrado....Lucho literally put JEREMY fukkIN MATHIEU against JUAN CUADRADO.....there was no fukking way Barca weren't going to get ate alive with that shape.

Missed the game but :damn:
I agree with the people saying barca's midfield isn't the same. It's not bad but not there with the other 3 or 4 big clubs.

Coming back against Juve's defence going to be Tough

As a Real fan, Bayern got me a bit shook :lupe:

Barca with a player like Ozil would be tremendous. Only issue with him is he'd actually have to play defense too...:manny:

And Bayern is gonna get AT Madrid. Their back 4 plus Vidal been playing like fukking mad men. Tiago done came up and sprouted wings this season he's been so good. I don't know if Real can do it unless Modric is fully fit for both legs and has GREAT matches.

Faneto4

Banned
Daps
Iniesta and Sergio have still produced for the side. Rakitic is the only one in the midfield underperforming. The bench is hella weak which is a major issue. Gomes is a bust, Sergi Roberto been forced to play RB when he's a natural CM (which makes the defense weaker), Pique (although his match last night was horrid) has been solid. Umtiti has actually be strong is clearly the only new signing who has a future at the club. The issue has been the shape and the management, no way on earth should there be only three at the back when you have players with movement and finishing like Dybala, finishing like Higuain and speed like Cuadrado....Lucho literally put JEREMY fukkIN MATHIEU against JUAN CUADRADO.....there was no fukking way Barca weren't going to get ate alive with that shape.

Barca with a player like Ozil would be tremendous. Only issue with him is he'd actually have to play defense too...:manny:

And Bayern is gonna get AT Madrid. Their back 4 plus Vidal been playing like fukking mad men. Tiago done came up and sprouted wings this season he's been so good. I don't know if Real can do it unless Modric is fully fit for both legs and has GREAT matches.
ur kidding right:russ:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I thought Gomes has been getting as many minutes , if not more , than Rakitic. It seems like he is a favorite for Lucho. I still think midfield needs to be upgraded. You can get away with their midfield if the front 3 are playing at the same level but it's not always going to happen and other teams have upgraded in that position. Messi's ability to play the final pass and be involved in the build up of a game eased pressure on the midfield but when the midfield drops off you have what Argentina looks like, everyone waiting around for Messi to produce something. The signs have been there throughout the season that something is off with this Barca team.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
ur kidding right:russ:

No I'm not. When dude is around other players who are working hard his lethargy fades and when that happens he has the ability to take matches over. And if you looked at his touches, assists, and chances created last season when Giroud and Alexis were healthy and finishing, dude was the best CAM in the Prem WITHOUT question. Place world class players like MSN in front of him and I'd think he'd be invigorated. Again, I could be wrong but I'm almost sure he wont be at Arsenal next season anyway.

I thought Gomes has been getting as many minutes , if not more , than Rakitic. It seems like he is a favorite for Lucho. I still think midfield needs to be upgraded. You can get away with their midfield if the front 3 are playing at the same level but it's not always going to happen and other teams have upgraded in that position. Messi's ability to play the final pass and be involved in the build up of a game eased pressure on the midfield but when the midfield drops off you have what Argentina looks like, everyone waiting around for Messi to produce something. The signs have been there throughout the season that something is off with this Barca team.

I don't disagree. But I also don't see Rakitic having the shyt season he's having two years in a row. If anything they need a more dynamic CAM/CM to come in when Iniesta eventually retires. The problem is at Barca your CMs work just as hard without the ball as they do with. I can't see many young CMs they could go and buy with that quality. I'd see them more making another move for Bellerin and moving Sergi back to his natural position. I could see perhaps a Alli from Spurs or someone like that with loads of talent that needs that final push of a top side to finish his maturation. I used to dream of Pogba in this side, but not any more :snoop:

Gomes is a bust. Period. I don't know what he's doing in training but he's not the quality Barca needs