Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Dat anger, passion :heh:

It was just after the offside rule was established, so its museum relic shyte anyways :yeshrug:
breh staysssss on 10 LOL

Just speaking the truth about those pricks, knuckle dragging mutants to a man and that's being generous. :yeshrug:

And they may have started it but we did it better, and without cheating. :wow:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
What a crazy Champions League QF draw:

Atletico Madrid v Leicester City
Borussia Dortmund v Monaco
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Juventus v Barcelona

:wow: The most interesting one for me is Atletico Madrid vs Leicester City. If the Leicester City that won the Premier League last year actually shows up, then they'll pull off the upset.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
17309045_755633681278700_7196436984000308233_n.jpg

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
R.Madrid vs Bayern:mjgrin:

R.Madrid finally got a hard game enroute to the final
Yep those dudes would get the lowest seeded teams , injury hit Dortmund , Spurs and then a tough semi final. Last year City were barely competitive once Real got in front and it looked so simple.

Edit Back in the early 2000s Bayern used to be a tough game for Real until the Pep era were he made them terrible against Spanish teams. Apparently they called Bayern "La Bestia Negra" after developing a rivalry against them.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
What a crazy Champions League QF draw:

Atletico Madrid v Leicester City
Borussia Dortmund v Monaco
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Juventus v Barcelona

:wow: The most interesting one for me is Atletico Madrid vs Leicester City. If the Leicester City that won the Premier League last year actually shows up, then they'll pull off the upset.
If the Atletico from the last 3 seasons shows up, Leicester would be lucky to get a shot on target

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of these leagues are really competetive, that was my point. It's been the same 2/3 teams dominating in all of them. None is more competetive than the other, and the stats prove it. :yeshrug:

The English league is like every other major league in Europe. Same few teams dominate domestically and every once in a while they have a spell of European dominance, they're like everyone else. They're not special like sky wants people to think. :yeshrug:
The marketing is such that 4 or 5 EPL teams have a massive following. English as a major language helps along with the fact that the EPL hoped on the corporatization wave earlier than other leagues. Apart from the Leicester anomaly the league has gone through cycles of dominance, 98-2004 was Man U/Arsenal 2005-2011 was arguably the Chelsea/United era and interestingly BBC mentioned that EPL teams had 11 entries into the quarters, 2012 onwards was part United/City and part Chelsea/CIty. In fact United's spell of dominance of England is just as dominant as Bayern's of Germany. From 92 when Ferguson won his first league title their worst league finish was a bunch of third place finishes maybe less than 5 times but won 13 league titles. The problem for Spain is that there are 2 global teams, Atletico under Simeone has been way more successful than Arsenal or Liverpool but they will not be able to match the global reach of those two teams.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
If the Atletico from the last 3 seasons shows up, Leicester would be lucky to get a shot on target

:wow:If that is the case, we're talking about one hell of a match-up here. Atletico has one hell of defense but last year's Leicester team was dynamic. I think if Leicester is able to jump out in front, they have a great chance to win as Atletico isn't an explosive offensive team. Leicester has to apply pressure on this team early.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bayern are the favorites, they havnt showed any flaws so far, they on form & Ancelotti is a great tactician.

Real Madrid hasnt been in great form lately. A lot of last min goals from Ramos to win them games has saved them from embarrassment. Ronaldo tends to go missing in big games, this is a chance to prove his qualities when his team needs him the most.

I believe A.Madrid is the best team for Leicester. Leicester do have a chance, Athletico Madrid season hasnt been great compared to their last 2-3 seasons.

Juve vs Barca is the most balanced game, both teams got firing power, Barca leak goals to much & Juve are airtight at the back. It will be interesting to watch

Dortmound vs Monaco. Will be entertaining, a lot of young talented future stars in both teams.

This is the most fairly matched games I seen in the knockout stages in a longtime. Im excited I cant wait.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Bayern are the favorites, they havnt showed any flaws so far, they on form & Ancelotti is a great tactician.

Real Madrid hasnt been in great form lately. A lot of last min goals from Ramos to win them games has saved them from embarrassment. Ronaldo tends to go missing in big games, this is a chance to prove his qualities when his team needs him the most.

I believe A.Madrid is the best team for Leicester. Leicester do have a chance, Athletico Madrid season hasnt been great compared to their last 2-3 seasons.

Juve vs Barca is the most balanced game, both teams got firing power, Barca leak goals to much & Juve are airtight at the back. It will be interesting to watch

Dortmound vs Monaco. Will be entertaining, a lot of young talented future stars in both teams.

This is the most fairly matched games I seen in the knockout stages in a longtime. Im excited I cant wait.
Ramos is an anomaly. The last 23 goals he scored 19 have come when they were losing or tied