Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
But Kante position only requires him to win back the ball, protect the back & pass the ball ahead to attacking players. Anything else is extra

I agree France got a dope squad. Shame Benzima let his country down. Imagine Griezman & Benzima upfront:hhh:

Valid point. His job on the pitch is his job but that goes to my point about him being another makalele if this is the extent of his abilities. You will only get so much recogintion performing that job. One accolade u will not receive is best midfielder in the world. U have to have some kind of offensive prowess. Goal scoring or passing. I think he can do it. I mean yaya toure started at CENTER BACK alongside Gerard pique in the UCL final in 2008. By 2012-14 yaya was scoring 10-20 goals even though he had been known as a quality player, he didn't start receiving world recogintion until his offensive performance improved. Arturo Vidal likewise improved his offensive output every season at juve which culminated in him being on the UEFA best player short list. Even toni kroos who isn't much of a goal scorer is a hell of a distributor of the ball in the middle of the park. Kroos' ability to control the game is unparalleled. I just think Kante has to add these skills to his game to make the jump into the best in the world conversation. Just my opinion.

Me and @KaiserRexTheCzar have talked about France's squad. Low key they have scary young talent across the board. There is not a spot on the pitch where they do not have world class talent. We will see if the egos in the dressing room can coexist but there is no reason they should not win a major trophy between now and 2022.

Last edited:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Valid point. His job on the pitch is his job but that goes to my point about him being another makalele if this is the extent of his abilities. You will only get so much recogintion performing that job. One accolade u will not receive is best midfielder in the world. U have to have some kind of offensive prowess. Goal scoring or passing. I think he can do it. I mean yaya toure started at CENTER BACK alongside Gerard pique in the UCL final in 2008. By 2012-14 yaya was scoring 10-20 goals even though he had been known as a quality player, he didn't start receiving world recogintion until his offensive performance improved. Arturo Vidal likewise improved his offensive output every season at juve which culminated in him being on the UEFA best player short list. Even toni kroos who isn't much of a goal scorer is a hell of a distributor of the ball in the middle of the park. Kroos' ability to control the game is unparalleled. I just think Kante has to add these skills to his game to make the jump into the best in the world conversation. Just my opinion.

Me and @KaiserRexTheCzar have talked about France's squad. Low key they have scary young talent across the board. There is not a spot on the pitch where they do not have world class talent. We will see if the egos in the dressing room can coexist but there is no reason they should not win a major trophy between now and 2022.

Look at this man France has crazy depth.... I'm looking forward to seeing more of Tolisso in the future. And I hope Fekir can regain his form

W7ejAMswTSWD4oEKMYn2fIHNkH3TCdmXFuDBuVadF5k.jpg

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Kante is definitely in form but that best midfielder in the world talk is rubbish. BPL hype at its best. I would agree with whoever said he's the best at what he does but to be the best midfielder in the world u have to be a complete package.
Kante is currently better at his role than Pogba is at his and has a larger impact on his team than Pogba currently does. He's been more consistent in his performance. This really isn't a discussion about ceilings it's about what they are offering to their respective teams. We can't really ask him to do anything else.

That said, we're talking BPL. He'll finish higher than any other midfielder in the league for PFA voting.

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Kante is currently better at his role than Pogba is at his and has a larger impact on his team than Pogba currently does. He's been more consistent in his performance. This really isn't a discussion about ceilings it's about what they are offering to their respective teams. We can't really ask him to do anything else.

That said, we're talking BPL. He'll finish higher than any other midfielder in the league for PFA voting.

I said he is in form. We don't disagree on that. Are you arguing that he is in fact the best midfielder in the world? I haven't mentioned Paul Pogba at all so I'm not sure how or why he is relevant.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I said he is in form. We don't disagree on that. Are you arguing that he is in fact the best midfielder in the world? I haven't mentioned Paul Pogba at all so I'm not sure how or why he is relevant.
No, I have not argued or suggested he's the best midfielder in the world.

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
I like Kante but you're not the best midfielder in the world when u haven't played a minute of champions league football yet

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps

That's the only reason I see France failing, they're egos. It's been their weakness for almost a decade now.
They can't stay away from scandal Ribery and Benzema underage prostitiute, 2010 World Cup, Benzema fukking with Valbuena, Part of the reason Payet returned to Marseille apparently was because he cheated on his wife and got caught, etc. Anelka with the quenelle controversy.

You can tell French players thin very highly of themselves.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Kante is the best DMF in the world right now imo :manny: