Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Disprove it.
Neymar is the fourth highest scorer for Brazil right now. He has 50 goals. He surpassed Zico. He just turned 25. He will beat Romario's record of 55. He will beat Ronaldo o fenomeno (the gawd :blessed:) record of 62 goal for Brasil. And he could beat Peles before the end of his career. Neymar has won a confederation cup with Brasil beating Spain and won an Olympic gold medal for Brazil. What has Hazard done for Belgium?:mjlol: When he plays for the national team he plays his all and with Titie in charge Neymar now has help.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
C6bguRrWUAYW2ME.jpg

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Collapse might be on Falcons level.
Neymar is the fourth highest scorer for Brazil right now. He has 50 goals. He surpassed Zico. He just turned 25. He will beat Romario's record of 55. He will beat Ronaldo o fenomeno (the gawd :blessed:) record of 62 goal for Brasil. And he could beat Peles before the end of his career. Neymar has won a confederation cup with Brasil beating Spain and won an Olympic gold medal for Brazil. What has Hazard done for Belgium?:mjlol: When he plays for the national team he plays his all and with Titie in charge Neymar now has help.
Damn I thought Romario would have had more considering how prolific he waa but he also had discipline problems

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
PSG with the biggest bottle job in Champions League history. :dame:

They had already lost before kickoff. They came into it with the aim of not losing by 5. Deserved what they got. How the fukk do you blow what is effectively a 6-0 lead with the away goal? :skip:

PSG fans should wait outside the airport with rotten tomatoes ready to launch at the team bus. :francis:

They're lucky I ain't the owner. The level of punishment I would dish out would be unprecedented in it's severity :

Ban on social media for all first team players :hhh:

100% wage fines :hhh:

Economy class flights for the rest of the season :hhh:

1000 word apologies from all the players to the fans :hhh:

I would make them watch the game tape at least once a week for the remainder of the season :hhh:

9pm curfew for all players and coaches :hhh:

All meals to be eaten in complete silence :hhh:

No talking on the bus on matmatchdays :hhh:

Training now starts at 6:30am anybody more than 10 mins late gets docked 10% of their wages :hhh:

Players now have to pay for parking :hhh:

Players now have to pay for tickets they give family members :hhh:

No videogames in the players lounge :hhh:

In fact, no more player's lounge. It's being converted into a library that will be stocked with self-help books. Players must spend 6 hours a week reading books and listening to tapes on their off days:hhh:

I'd hire you right now to run my team. That passion. That winners attitude.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps

They had already lost before kickoff. They came into it with the aim of not losing by 5. Deserved what they got. How the fukk do you blow what is effectively a 6-0 lead with the away goal? :skip:

PSG fans should wait outside the airport with rotten tomatoes ready to launch at the team bus. :francis:

They're lucky I ain't the owner. The level of punishment I would dish out would be unprecedented in it's severity :

I would make them watch the game tape at least once a week for the remainder of the season :hhh:

Training now starts at 6:30am anybody more than 10 mins late gets docked 10% of their wages :hhh:

In fact, no more player's lounge. It's being converted into a library that will be stocked with self-help books. Players must spend 6 hours a week reading books and listening to tapes on their off days:hhh:

I agree.

UEFA needs to sanction PSG. Like a fine, take all their CL Revenue this season.
PSG need to be banned from the CL for one season.

They need to be branded and cursed.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward

:laff:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Before I end your joke of an argument with the player stats lets address the fallacy that the Premier league is a better league then La Liga.
Need I remind you Every single one of the last 12 European and International club trophies have been won by a Spanish Team? (Europa League, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup.)
Lets look at the data from 2010 on. As that is around the time Neymar and Hazard began to pop up. Their choice of club would also be influenced by this data as well. Even if we do it from 2000 on it'll look worse for the premiership lol.

Champions League:
-La Liga: Winners x4, Finalists x6
-Premiership: Winners x1, Finalists x1
Of the top 10 goal scorers in Champions league history; 8 have played in La Liga while 4 played in the Premier league.
Of the top 10 appearances in Champions league history: 7 have played in La Liga while 3 played in the Premier league.

Europa League:
-La Liga: Winners x5, Finalists x6
Premiership: Winners x0, Finalists x2

I'm not gonna do Balon d'or winners or FIFpro XI because those are popularity contests. Though it would once again destroy the premier league.

There literally isn't enough data out there that can present the BPL as better than La Liga. All you can do is argue with your "but-but competitiveness".
If you want to argue its more competitive, fine. But La Liga has the superior players, superior football, wins Continental trophies/competitions more often, and is flat out higher quality. La Liga has been dominant since 08-09.
Imo The Bundesliga is better than the Premier League as well but I don't have the numbers to back it, so it remains an opinion and not fact.

Don't take my word for it though:
Scholes
Bale
Ronaldo
Guardiola

Heres the data of head to head Spanish teams vs English teams from 1957-2013

Arsenal just got beat 10-2, three 5-1 games in a row by Bayern Munich.
Premier League is basura. Oh, I'm sorry competitive basura.
:wow:

Except for Chelsea, don't do us like that :damn: