Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Man....to be crushed by Germany in the World Cup only to come back and beat this same team in the Olympics! Awesome feat by Brazil! Neymar really played his a$$ off in this tournament! He only got better with each match.:wow: A motivated and focus Neymar is one of the best players in the world without question.:wow:

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man....to be crushed by Germany in the World Cup only to come back and beat this same team in the Olympics! Awesome feat by Brazil! Neymar really played his a$$ off in this tournament! He only got better with each match.:wow: A motivated and focus Neymar is one of the best players in the world without question.:wow:
:what:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan

Did I say something weird?:jbhmm: Lol. I mean, Brazil did crushed by Germany in the World Cup in 2014. Now although Germany didn't showcase some of the same players that was in that tournament, Brazil pulled out a victory against Germany in the Rio Olympics. I couldn't imagine if Brazil were to lose on their home court again...to the same team....on a penalty shoot-out:wow: At the end of the day, Neymar showed up when Brazil needed him the most:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
MD
Did I say something weird?:jbhmm: Lol. I mean, Brazil did crushed by Germany in the World Cup in 2014. Now although Germany didn't showcase some of the same players that was in that tournament, Brazil pulled out a victory against Germany in the Rio Olympics. I couldn't imagine if Brazil were to lose on their home court again...to the same team....on a penalty shoot-out:wow: At the end of the day, Neymar showed up when Brazil needed him the most:ehh:
do you realize in the olympics you can only have 3 players over 23 years old? Germany had 1 player from the world cup squad on the olympic squad.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Germany's first team would still destroy Brazil's first team.

Its a good story and all but Brazilian football still has a shyt ton of problems.

They better be ready for 2018 :ufdup:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
do you realize in the olympics you can only have 3 players over 23 years old? Germany had 1 player from the world cup squad on the olympic squad.

Yes I understand that much, which why I amended my statement a bit as it wasn't same Germany team from the World Cup. Still doesn't change the fact that this was a great win for Brazil all things considered from that performance. One could argue that this was absolutely a must-win game for the Brazil team regardless of whom was playing for Germany as the beat down that was taken in that 2014 World Cup still lingered around them a bit.

Last edited:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Germany's first team would still destroy Brazil's first team.

Its a good story and all but Brazilian football still has a shyt ton of problems.

They better be ready for 2018 :ufdup:

I think they will be. Despite Germany not having their complete World Cup 2014 squad, it's a positive step in the right direction for this Brazil team. They actually played pretty solid throughout this tournament. Now they have to transfer the game play that they showed here and tweak it up a bit for their main squad in time for the 2018 World Cup.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I think they will be. Despite Germany not having their complete World Cup 2014 squad, it's a positive step in the right direction for this Brazil team. They actually played pretty solid throughout this tournament. Now they have to transfer the game play that they showed here and tweak it up a bit for their main squad in time for the 2018 World Cup.

u Joking right? These squad's have nothing to do with either Germany or Brazil in the WC from 2014. There's nothign positive about this win except they won an event that is meaningless in the football world eyes. Hell even fukking Mexico has won a damn gold medal in the olympics.

Germany is far and ahead of Brazil on a professional level and this meaningless olympic win doesnt change that

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
u Joking right? These squad's have nothing to do with either Germany or Brazil in the WC from 2014. There's nothign positive about this win except they won an event that is meaningless in the football world eyes. Hell even fukking Mexico has won a damn gold medal in the olympics.

Germany is far and ahead of Brazil on a professional level and this meaningless olympic win doesnt change that

It's far from meaningless as this was the first time that Brazil won an Olympic Gold medal in soccer. In front of their fans. Against a team (yes I know and understand it isn't the same World Cup 2014 team) that beat the main Brazilian team in the 2014 World Cup. In my opinion, this was a significant boost of morale for the Brazil soccer program. More so for Neymar as it shows that he can be a great leader and lead his team to victory. I think in these next two years he'll become more mature and more of a leader which can lead Brazil deep into the World Cup. Now of course Brazil has some things to tweak here and there compared to Germany, but I feel that their performance in these Olympics has put the overall Brazil soccer team on the right track.

Last edited:

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
It's far from meaningless as this was the first time that Brazil won an Olympic Gold medal in soccer. In front of their fans. Against a team (yes I know and understand it isn't the same World Cup 2014 team) that beat the main Brazilian team in the 2014 World Cup. In my opinion, this was a significant boost of morale for the Brazil soccer program. More so for Neymar as it shows that he can be a great leader and lead his team to victory. I think in these next two years he'll be more mature and more of a leader which can lead Brazil deep into the World Cup. Now of course Brazil has some things to tweak here and there compared to Germany, but I feel that their performance in these Olympics has put the overall Brazil soccer team on the right track.

lol Neymar is not good enough to lead Brazil into anything but penalties in a U23 meaningless Olympic. Bro, you really are taking this serious. I respect if you're new to football but no one takes what happens in these Olympic games serious on a professional level. Most these kids are B-C type players gaining experience. The fact that Brazil won makes ZERO impact for the next world cup.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
lol Neymar is not good enough to lead Brazil into anything but penalties in a U23 meaningless Olympic. Bro, you really are taking this serious. I respect if you're new to football but no one takes what happens in these Olympic games serious on a professional level. Most these kids are B-C type players gaining experience. The fact that Brazil won makes ZERO impact for the next world cup.

:ohhh: It's all good man. We have our opinions on it. My opinion is that this win by Brazil boost morale for this program which can serve as motivation for the next World Cup. And I feel that Neymar gained some good experience from this Olympics will thus help him towards making himself better for this Brazilian team. Also, you keep saying that these Olympic games for football are meaningless for football. I don't feel that it is. A lot was in stake in particular for this Brazil team if it were to lose to Germany in the final. You would've seen some sh!t go down in that stadium. Those Brazilian fans know that this game meant the world to them. To see their team come up with a win, it's nothing short of pure joy for Brazil. If you call that meaningless, then:manny:

At the end of the day, I respect your opinion and understand where you're coming from with it. I just have mines.:obama:

Daps
Reppin
MD
lmaoooo, Brazil couldn't even make it out the group stage for Copa.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London

:dardendahell:

You're dizzy, fam.

Neymar & Rafinha play for arguably the biggest club on the planet
Marquinhos plays for PSG
Man Utd were offering Lazio close to £40 million for Felipe Anderson a few months ago
Man City just this summer paid £30 million for Gabriel Jesus

These guys ain't B/C class players, fam. They're the future. :ufdup: