Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Finally, Mourinho has signed :blessed:

On the same day Sir Matt Busby was born

and the same day United completed the historic trebble

The stars have alligned, something big is happening:wow:

After a 3 year respite, I hope ya'll dudes are ready for another decade of United dominance:umad:

Last edited:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally, Mourinho has signed :blessed:

On the same day Sir Matt Busby was born

and the same day United completed the historic trebble

The stars have alligned, something big is happening:wow:

After a 3 year respite, I hope ya'll dudes are ready for another decade of United dominance:umad:

You actually expect Pep Guardiola and Man city will just let Man utd dominate .:leostare:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
You actually expect Pep Guardiola and Man city will just let Man utd dominate .:leostare:

Nah, I'm just a bit gassed up right now:lolbron:

Sacking LvG felt like winning a title to me:banderas:

It's no doubt gonna be tough for Jose

I do think Conte, and not Pep, will be the man to watch out for.

I rate Pep very highly but I think the difficulty of the PL might take him by surprise. He's coming from leagues where his teams were seemingly guaranteed at least 60 points a season, just for showing up to games.

Whilst I don't think the PL is the best league in terms of the quality of players, it is no doubt the hardest league to win. I read somewhere that the PL is like a Royal Rumble and I think that is the best way to describe it.

You gotta claw and scratch for results against 80% of the teams in the league and I don't know if Pep will be ready for that in his first season.

Conte on the other hand just has this:demonic: look to him, like he's been ready for this all his life. The dude is obsessed with winning, the way he just wrote off Pirlo and Giovinco for the Euro's was so ruthless. He reminds me of Fergie in his prime:wow:

My only hope is that he proves to be too intense for the Chelsea players to handle.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

I live in Seattle so don't hear Francesa. That was hard to listen to. Not sure if he's trying to play dumb or really that clueless? Asking why no one has asked him/CBS to come to them about promoting the tournament. Well 1. Because you don't care about the sport. 2. Because Fox has the rights to the tournament.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
GOATford :wow:

I'm :blessed: for tomorrow. Going up through the play-offs would be beyond our wildest dreams at the start of the season.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I do like Jose's rumored wish list so far. Icardi, Andre Gomes, Stones(:patrice:)

As for LVG. Glad he is gone, but I do have mixed feelings on him. Will always remember him as the dude who couldn't get a loaded Dutch team to the World Cup, but 16 years takes an average dutch side to semis at the World Cup
LVGs only positive for united was coachin up the youth. other than that, it was a loud failure. even under Moyes, without all the money LVG had, United looked more competent and consistent. so thanks for the youth but LVG had to go.
Jose is a great hire. Especially if he learned from his mistakes and is able to tone tension down just a notch.