Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Sorry @yoyoyo1 , hope she had a full life.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29953640

Leeds United served with winding-up petition
Leeds United have been served with a winding-up petition by law firm Ford & Warren Solicitors over unpaid fees.

The fees, which date back to when former Chelsea chairman Ken Bates, 82, owned the Championship club, amount to about £150,000.

The petition is set to be heard at Leeds Combined Court on 13 January.

Bates sold Leeds to GFH Capital in December 2012 before Italian businessman Massimo Cellino bought a majority share in April 2014.

Nick Collins, senior partner at Ford & Warren, told BBC Radio Leeds: "This is not a dispute with Mr Cellino. This is something he has inherited from the previous ownership of the club.

"We bear no ill-will towards Mr Cellino and we wish him well. I genuinely hope we can resolve this amicably but we must do what is necessary to protect our clients' position."

The Elland Road side are currently 17th in the Championship, with no wins in their last eight matches.

:damn::damn::damn:

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
ben carson is running for the repub nomination. Never one to wish the worst on other brothas, but i want him to be humiliated in the worst way possible...can't believe he used to be held up in high esteem in my house when we were kids.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You brehs hear about Serial Podcast? My brother put me on to it today, and it sounds pretty interesting tbf.

Serial is a podcast where we unfold one nonfiction story, week by week, over the course of a season. We'll stay with each story for as long as it takes to get to the bottom of it.

First season is about a teen murder:

It's Baltimore, 1999. Hae Min Lee, a popular high-school senior, disappears after school one day. Six weeks later detectives arrest her classmate and ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, for her murder. He says he's innocent - though he can't exactly remember what he was doing on that January afternoon. But someone can. A classmate at Woodlawn High School says she knows where Adnan was. The trouble is, she’s nowhere to be found.

Link to the first podcast - http://serialpodcast.org/season-one/1/the-alibi

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
ben carson is running for the repub nomination. Never one to wish the worst on other brothas, but i want him to be humiliated in the worst way possible...can't believe he used to be held up in high esteem in my house when we were kids.
man is a hero, too bad he's fuccin up his legacy with his shytty politics :manny:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've already listened to the first episode and would definitely recommend you check it out, breh :tu:

Bit more info:

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

Sarah Koenig, who hosts Serial, first learned about this case more than a year ago. In the months since, she's been sorting through box after box (after box) of legal documents and investigators' notes, listening to trial testimony and police interrogations, and talking to everyone she can find who remembers what happened between Adnan Syed and Hae Min Lee fifteen years ago. What she realized is that the trial covered up a far more complicated story, which neither the jury nor the public got to hear. The high school scene, the shifting statements to police, the prejudices, the sketchy alibis, the scant forensic evidence - all of it leads back to the most basic questions: How can you know a person’s character? How can you tell what they’re capable of? In Season One of Serial, she looks for answers.

Daps
Reppin
Le Continent Noir
Came across this reading a preview of L'OM-PSG match this week. Vintage goal. DD was unbelievable that year:

I remember that OM is on fire this cam out the blocks winning 8 straight with basically a bunch of young players Marseille and Lyon got some good talents (Imbula, Lacazette, Mvuemba, Grenier) that a lot of people haven't heard about so Wenger should get on that since he has that French connect. But one thing I regret about Drogba is that he was a late bloomer I think he signed with Chelsea at 26 or 27 I feel like he could have had more good years in his prime.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
Walcott saying he's been clocked faster than he was before the injury :beli:

2vays7r.jpg

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@mastermind where is intersteller review? :comeon::beli:
havent seen it, and cant this weekend since im in Atlanta. :manny:

Review will come next Friday when I see it in Full IMAX at one of our huge theaters in the area.

I saw Beyond the Lights a few nights ago. First of all Gugu Mbatha-Raw :noah: :shaq: :takedat:

She is also a talented actress too, who can sing. Really enjoyed the movie. I feel sorry for Nate Parker tho. Dude is a great actor but gets nothing but sideman roles. I feel for him. Its a really dope movie once you get past the first 20 minutes of nonsense.

3.5/5

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Brehs, at the airport in Atlanta me and some coworkers got on that shuttle/train thing they have. This joint in a denim skirt with ass cheeks just everywhere got on. I really wanted to "street harass" her but my coworkers were women, so I had to fall back.

She got off hte train and those ass cheeks went everywhere :noah:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, at the airport in Atlanta me and some coworkers got on that shuttle/train thing they have. This joint in a denim skirt with ass cheeks just everywhere got on. I really wanted to "street harass" her but my coworkers were women, so I had to fall back.

She got off hte train and those ass cheeks went everywhere :noah:

BREH! COULDA SNAPPED A PIC