Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@concise,

Could you ask in Mod section if it's possible to ignore a mod ? I made a thread in Event Staff and it got moved or deleted. :ld:

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So-so game but Madrid deserved the vicory by a mile. Ronaldo was trash, Messi and Suarez were ghost most of the time. And Piqué is really garbage now, lol.
Benzo with a great game as usual, Marcelo, Modrid and Carvajal played very well. Kroos and Isco also nice. On Barça's side, I'd pick Masche though he's guilty on Benz's goal and Neymar who at least tried, otherwise there's nothing and this Barça won't do anything this year. No penetration, no runs, no rhythm. Only passes and passes outside of the box to finally hit the FBs for them to cross to nobody. Messi did try to put some through passes but he was poor.

I think Luis Enrique lost the match tactically and that maybe because of his inexperience compared to Don Carlo. He put Mathieu as FB instead of Alba and he should have played Mathieu as a CB in that case because Masche can do good at this position but not against a proper opp IMO. And Masche should have played instead of Busquets too. And I'm really not convinced by Suarez/Messi/Neymar frontline as long as Suarez is on a side. I really think Messi should go back to his old position and let Suarez roam free in the axis, that's where he had nice play today tho they were rare. And also, why did Enrique subbed Xavi just as he was about to kick the corner ? He should have waited after that because he put Rakitic directly into a crucial moment and the dude failed and triggered the counter to the 3rd goal.

I liked how Ancellotti fukked up Barça's rhythm after the 80' with his late subs. That was hilarious.
you are overracting like a mthoafukker breh but i respect your post

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
No but seriously why was Mathieu playing and not Alba....shyt it bananas. He has no pace to stop Madrid's counter attack. Enrique was out managed.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Are we all depressed in the OFT? Seems like half of us are gonna join Isis or some shyt while the other half are like whats the point of life.

Perhaps :ehh:

I think maybe it's just concentrated cynicism and realism in here. This may be one quasi refuge that is somewhat impervious to the aspirational rigors of the outside internet lands. This is all of those pretenses, those facades shed because of comfort and familiarity. Yeah shyt could prove to be somewhat embarrassing but that is what makes OFT slightly special and unique, in its acceptance of oddness and reality all in one, in the face of homogeneity and artificiality that we are battered with in the alfresco internet.

Uhhh...but yeah beyond that y'know, I was really thinking about it the other day and it is so increasingly difficult to perfectly define or articulate exactly what it is that brings happiness. For instance I have different impulses for different times. I want women at one moment, money at another, freedom at some other time, direction and purpose at another.

And really most of those don't really provide much sustenance in terms of happiness. Like I'm out trying and sleeping with women and I don't feel anything. Any sort of money I have means really nothing to me, just a few numbers on a computer screen, and work is generally unfulfilling. And with that I think you can probably get to the nub of the entire issue by saying that happiness and its definition is hopelessly arcane and indefinable and, maybe unattainable. Nothing new there but fukk...it's really what brings about a lot of feelings of depression, inadequacy, self-loathing, so on and so forth.

And really things I think will get worse. I read an article about how loneliness is a real epidemic among young adults and old people alike, with society of course fracturing. And all for what? Individualism? A pair of new jeans? A decent house? An exhilarating hobby? Your stupid business? Money? Please. Means fukk all. Fact is that hobbies and jobs are used to define people while being hopelessly inadequate at doing just that, and becoming rich is essentially a chase to eradicate hardship and discomfort for comfort and stability, which of course becomes boring, so you end up spending your money for thrills and hardship like the less well-off live.

Like I said, nothing new, but my two cents I suppose. Soz for the rant :yeshrug:

El Clasico predictions?
:dead:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
you are overracting like a mthoafukker breh but i respect your post
You can elaborate on how I was overreacting. We're on a message board, we can debate about it, no problem :salute:

But I don't think I overreacted honestly because Barça's problems have been going on for a couple of years now. I was a Barça stan (more a Guardiola stan to be frank) and this Barça doesn't have the rhythm, the clinical passing, the movement and the cohesion he had. I was watching the game and I was mad at the lack of pace, the lack of runs, the lack of pressing from Barça.
Individually, Iniesta (peace be upon him) is losing his magic and doesn't really impact big games like he used to. Messi doesn't press anymore and walk most of the times when he comes back from offside position, the central backs aren't good as they used too (Puyi was the one who was holding the backline and there's no defense leader anymor)e. Alves is the ghost of the player he used to be, he doesn't take on players anymore and only crosses though at times he can be really good on D. Busquets was coming back from injury and didn't weighed in that game (and got caught a few times by Madrid's pressing) and Masche should really be the holding midfield. And so on.

Since last year, it's obvious that Madrid > Barça. Better bench, better football (ironically), better D and midfield and better coach.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10480224_10152601798027713_6900527500773141121_n.jpg

bvEWE5y.png

RtGxHYA.png