Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The nerve of you slack-jawed Messi stans having anything to say to me all these years when I said Xavi was the best player of his generation and Messi was naught but a glorified chucker :heh: This dude is in the physical prime of his life, he's never been better at doing what he does (chucking), but any team he's played for has looked anemic going forward.

How is the so called best player in the world, and of his generation, and this so-called-best is an attacking player, the centerpiece of a tepid attack :mindblown:

Messi's Fraudwatch is at over 2500 days and counting :wow:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So-so game but Madrid deserved the vicory by a mile. Ronaldo was trash, Messi and Suarez were ghost most of the time. And Piqué is really garbage now, lol.
Benzo with a great game as usual, Marcelo, Modrid and Carvajal played very well. Kroos and Isco also nice. On Barça's side, I'd pick Masche though he's guilty on Benz's goal and Neymar who at least tried, otherwise there's nothing and this Barça won't do anything this year. No penetration, no runs, no rhythm. Only passes and passes outside of the box to finally hit the FBs for them to cross to nobody. Messi did try to put some through passes but he was poor.

I think Luis Enrique lost the match tactically and that maybe because of his inexperience compared to Don Carlo. He put Mathieu as FB instead of Alba and he should have played Mathieu as a CB in that case because Masche can do good at this position but not against a proper opp IMO. And Masche should have played instead of Busquets too. And I'm really not convinced by Suarez/Messi/Neymar frontline as long as Suarez is on a side. I really think Messi should go back to his old position and let Suarez roam free in the axis, that's where he had nice play today tho they were rare. And also, why did Enrique subbed Xavi just as he was about to kick the corner ? He should have waited after that because he put Rakitic directly into a crucial moment and the dude failed and triggered the counter to the 3rd goal.

I liked how Ancellotti fukked up Barça's rhythm after the 80' with his late subs. That was hilarious.