Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
i need a new job, fukk it i might go travelling for a year and reset :mjcry:

ive got the money fukk it and im bored so why not :manny:, this western world keeps becoming more demonic and ridiculous everyday. why are these talentless reality people everywhere i look or watch

i could ramble but i wont bother just tired of this all

man utd vs chelsea on sunday :blessed:
I feel the same way breh.

I wake up at 5 am and am lucky to get back home at 7 pm. Used to go to the gym and play 5-a-side twice a week, now I gained 15 pounds keep getting flabbier.

I was also thinking of going abroad but how much money is enough to do it? And are there any other job opportunities except for teaching?

I was watching one of those travel show and a breh was living abroad in Indonesia/Thailand for about $100 a month. But being single guy and going to South East Asia is not a good look :whoa: I don't want that on my resume.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Hold up, we're playing Chelsea on Sunday?

*Checks schedule*

Q9P1I6g.png

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
It's crazy how politics can drive people to do the most ridiculous things.

We got some breh here in Colorado going around to Udall fundraisers/field events and democratic leaning non-profits trying to dupe people and organizations into voter fraud :dwillhuh:

Dude had a bunch of disguises and was posing as a professor :dead:

The worst thing honestly is when you're in the bar watching a game and those loud ass ads come scorching into your ear. You can't fukking escape them.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Speaking of Reese, saw a trailer she's in for a movie coming out soon that can only be described as White Girl Problem: The Movie.

And, christ they showed this before Birdman last night, BACK 2 BACK with the preview for Laggies, that fukking Keira Knightley movie about another white woman-child that can't come to grips with adulthood and life. They're really churning them out, Wild, Obvious Child, Laggies, Bridesmaids...that's actually all I can think of off the top of my head but still, it's a whole genre now.

Gooner

Newest Member
Daps
Reppin
ATL & ERI

For some of us, sport is a way of coping with the shyt we put up with in our daily lives :mjcry:

It's immature, but I feel like I can relate with 1:50 onwards at times :mjcry:

Unfortunately, some of the teams we support don't understand this :mjcryarsenal: :mjcryfalcons: :mjcryhawks:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Are we all depressed in the OFT? Seems like half of us are gonna join Isis or some shyt while the other half are like whats the point of life.

Perhaps :ehh:

I think maybe it's just concentrated cynicism and realism in here. This may be one quasi refuge that is somewhat impervious to the aspirational rigors of the outside internet lands. This is all of those pretenses, those facades shed because of comfort and familiarity. Yeah shyt could prove to be somewhat embarrassing but that is what makes OFT slightly special and unique, in its acceptance of oddness and reality all in one, in the face of homogeneity and artificiality that we are battered with in the alfresco internet.

Uhhh...but yeah beyond that y'know, I was really thinking about it the other day and it is so increasingly difficult to perfectly define or articulate exactly what it is that brings happiness. For instance I have different impulses for different times. I want women at one moment, money at another, freedom at some other time, direction and purpose at another.

And really most of those don't really provide much sustenance in terms of happiness. Like I'm out trying and sleeping with women and I don't feel anything. Any sort of money I have means really nothing to me, just a few numbers on a computer screen, and work is generally unfulfilling. And with that I think you can probably get to the nub of the entire issue by saying that happiness and its definition is hopelessly arcane and indefinable and, maybe unattainable. Nothing new there but fukk...it's really what brings about a lot of feelings of depression, inadequacy, self-loathing, so on and so forth.

And really things I think will get worse. I read an article about how loneliness is a real epidemic among young adults and old people alike, with society of course fracturing. And all for what? Individualism? A pair of new jeans? A decent house? An exhilarating hobby? Your stupid business? Money? Please. Means fukk all. Fact is that hobbies and jobs are used to define people while being hopelessly inadequate at doing just that, and becoming rich is essentially a chase to eradicate hardship and discomfort for comfort and stability, which of course becomes boring, so you end up spending your money for thrills and hardship like the less well-off live.

Like I said, nothing new, but my two cents I suppose. Soz for the rant :yeshrug: