Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I honestly didn't. I was 12 and didn't care about soccer at that point.
for people in the US who had watched the sport in darkness for years, 2002 was a huge moment. huge is an understatement. it was 12 years removed from the first WC appearance since 1950, and they went further than anyone ever imagined, with donovan the face of the team. not to mention he was the first star of the MLS generation.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
krx3lmx.png

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Late to the party mans gotta understand Lando is the genesis of this whole taking pride in the USMNT thing. It looked like it was gonna be a two man power trip with Demarcus as the time, too :wow:

The overseas thing means so fukking little. Like, nikka, I give a fukk about goals Clint Dempsey scored for teams I don't give a shyt about :heh: All that matters to me is his national team performance and dude has put on for the squad at a supreme level, but there's no way you can say it's HIGHER than Landon's, just equal. They're 1a and 1b, but Landycakes came first so he's 1a.

That's our guy right there :mjcry:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
for people in the US who had watched the sport in darkness for years, 2002 was a huge moment. huge is an understatement. it was 12 years removed from the first WC appearance since 1950, and they went further than anyone ever imagined, with donovan the face of the team. not to mention he was the first star of the MLS generation.
the 2002 World Cup was amazing. It still doesnt make sense to me to see what all transpire.

Waking up at 5am to watch the Portugal match and the US goes up 3-0 in 35 minutes. :dwillhuh:

I imagine that had to be one of the most shocking scorelines of all time. Even more than France losing to Senegal on opening night.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Late to the party mans gotta understand Lando is the genesis of this whole taking pride in the USMNT thing. It looked like it was gonna be a two man power trip with Demarcus as the time, too :wow:

The overseas thing means so fukking little. Like, nikka, I give a fukk about goals Clint Dempsey scored for teams I don't give a shyt about :heh: All that matters to me is his national team performance and dude has put on for the squad at a supreme level, but there's no way you can say it's HIGHER than Landon's, just equal. They're 1a and 1b, but Landycakes came first so he's 1a.

Only euro snobs really dislike on him. Is Lando a conceited a$$hole? Yeah. But that's our conceited a$$hole. Showed up in 2002 and 2010 was all enough to :salute: him.

Still like Deuce more because he's the closest player from the hood we might ever see playing for the States. :mjcry:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

:mjcry:

the 2002 World Cup was amazing. It still doesnt make sense to me to see what all transpire.

Waking up at 5am to watch the Portugal match and the US goes up 3-0 in 35 minutes. :dwillhuh:

I imagine that had to be one of the most shocking scorelines of all time. Even more than France losing to Senegal on opening night.
:dwillhuh: i did not know if that was real until i turned the volume up to hear the announcers and atmosphere of the stadium. i was watching it on mute to not wake anyone in the house, and i genuinely thought the producers messed up and the scoreboard was wrong on the tv

11 years later, i talked to so many portuguese people about that game and was :mjlol: the whole conversation. it was like when they make the same movie from a different character's perspective.