Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Slovakia wins at Ukraine, wins vs Spain

has Belarus, Macedonia, Luxembourg next and top 3 make it??? that cupcake euro qualifying :laff:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know that FK curved, but that was horrible positioning in the first place. :dead: at how the commentators were trying to :cape: for Iker before that.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
He has brought in players – most prominent among them Julian Green, Fabian Johnson, Mix Diskerud and Aron Johannsson – who have developed overseas and accordingly look more comfortable with the ball at their feet and intuitively pop up in dangerous areas on the pitch. He has left names like Donovan, Bocanegra and Cherundolo – those grinding, do-or-die, counterpunching American types – out in the cold, at times appearing to drag an entire nation of supporters kicking and screaming into a brave new world.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/09/jozy-altidore-usa-striker-premier-league

One of the worst articles I've ever read on the USMNT, I've never seen such a misreading of EVERYTHING! I'd ignore it but this article seems to have been written earnestly as some kind of "window into US Soccer" for Brits.

As I was reading I was like.. this better not have been written by anyone I've even remotely heard of.. and that was the case. Where do they get these guys?

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
The overzealous Yanks Abroad guys in the comments though :heh:

Love those guys. Actually going through the effort to fight randoms until the death