Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
does anyone also find it weird how many people dont know a thing about prince. saying theyve only listened to purple rain doves cry little red corvette and thats about it.

then i stop and think that damn these people prob say MJ is the greatest but prob only can name his singles like prince and theyve just been told mj is goat so they are going with the flow
I dont do the Prince/MJ war thing except to intentionally antagonize.

But Prince never hit the pop heights that MJ did, so its easier for people to just say that. Truthfully, most people just know a few songs of all of their "favorite" artists.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont do the Prince/MJ war thing except to intentionally antagonize.

But Prince never hit the pop heights that MJ did, so its easier for people to just say that. Truthfully, most people just know a few songs of all of their "favorite" artists.

i do the same. but i guess your right unless your really into them they only know a few songs
i cant expect everyone to be into things like i am

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
does anyone also find it weird how many people dont know a thing about prince. saying theyve only listened to purple rain doves cry little red corvette and thats about it.

then i stop and think that damn these people prob say MJ is the greatest but prob only can name his singles like prince and theyve just been told mj is goat so they are going with the flow

I think you'd be surprised to find that a lot of people aren't into music like that :yeshrug:

Edit: or yeah what @mastermind said

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/02/galatasaray-basel-uefa-charged-arsenal-liverpool

UEFA charging arsenal over Galatasaray wastecadets bringing in flares :dahell:

Uefa has opened disciplinary proceedings against Arsenal, Galatasaray, Basel and Borussia Dortmund following crowd disturbances during Wednesday night’s Champions League ties.

Several flares were thrown on to the pitch from the section where the 3,000-strong travelling Galatasaray supporters were located towards the end of the first half at the Emirates Stadium, causing the Group D match against Arsenal to be briefly halted.

Metropolitan Police confirmed there had been six arrests as part of their operation for the tie, two of which were for entering the ground with flares.

Uefa views it as the home side’s responsibility to search supporters for any illegal items before they come into the stadium.

At St Jakob Park, a battery appeared to be thrown in the direction of the assistant referee near to the Basel goal during the tie with Liverpool, while at Anderlecht’s stadium, flares were lit in the area housing travelling Borussia Dortmund fans.

If found guilty, the clubs could be hit by a fine from the European governing body, or be ordered to play matches behind close doors.

An updated statement on Uefa’s website, issued on Thursday evening to add reference to Arsenal’s charge for what is understood to be a minor possible sanction, read: “Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following incidents at last night’s Uefa Champions League matches:

“Match: Uefa Champions League Group B match between Basle and Liverpool (1-0) played on Wednesday 1 October in Switzerland.

“Basle: Throwing of missiles (art. 16 (2) (b) DR)

“Match: Uefa Champions League Group D match between Arsenal and Galatasaray (4-1) played on Wednesday 1 October in England.

“Galatasaray: Crowd disturbances (art. 16 (2) (f) Disciplinary regulation); setting-off and throwing of fireworks (art. 16 (2) (b) & (c) DR)

“Arsenal: Insufficient organisation (art. 16 (1) DR)

“Match: Uefa Champions League Group D match between Anderlecht and Borussia Dortmund (0-3) played on Wednesday 1 October in Belgium

“Borussia Dortmund: Crowd disturbances (art. 16 (2) (f) Disciplinary regulation); setting-off and throwing of fireworks (art. 16 (2) (b) & (c) DR)

All three cases will be dealt by the Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on October 16.”

:dahell:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can admit that i've never listened to a prince album :yeshrug:

I'm pretty sure i'd love alot of it...but you know...tings are long

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I can admit that i've never listened to a prince album :yeshrug:

I'm pretty sure i'd love alot of it...but you know...tings are long

Purple Rain is 43 minutes :dwillhuh:

Controversy and Dirty Mind around 30 or so:dwillhuh:

1999 is long as fukk I'll give you that, but oddly I never get tired of listening to that album :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think because Tevin was 16 when recording that song.
yeah, and I was a kid so I had no idea about albums then

looking at that lineup Tevin had, that album looks like it would be hot fire.

1999 is long as fukk I'll give you that, but oddly I never get tired of listening to that album :manny:
Prince recorded albums for records so everything was short

if you cant get through one, then its just not for you. :manny:

1999 is fire tho.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Purple Rain is 43 minutes :dwillhuh:

Controversy and Dirty Mind around 30 or so:dwillhuh:

I don't mean tings is long in the sense of the actual material length...just saying i'm lazy. I'm really one of them "i'll get round to it" types when it comes to music history

I'll bang purple rain now