Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
english football is such a disease isnt it?

a guy like mitroglu goes to fulham and cant get embedded with the shyt football, gets loaned to a team thats 10x better in olympiakos and scores in the champions league against atletico madrid :heh:

english football is mostly a joke

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Wilshere hurt his ankle too :wow:

Blessing in disguise :blessed: Jack is his son b, we are building a team for Jack

Go back to 4-2-3-1 and play Ozil and Ramadan in their best roles. Ox out wide, Sanchez on the right, Dat Guy up top. At least DanielNii Tackie gets chances

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

On the real, I swear Ozil has some French in him. Dude is the epitome of beautiful loser (though a man who has won two cups in one year could hardly be called a loser) like Gasquet. Hedonist, elegant and proper technician on the field : a pure joy to watch, but underachieving as fook. It's so hard to root for em because they constantly test your mind and push its limits. You think it's the last time you root for em after another avoidable loss or another avoided win but you keep coming back because once in a while the potential is fulfilled and you get to witness that pure genius that makes you a fan :wow:

You brehs don't know what it is to be french until you experience that feeling :mjcry:

@penfield, tell me it ain't true.

Ozil is infallible in my eyes. Nothing he ever says or does will ever change that. He's Hleb Mk. 2 for me (though Hleb was a better dribbler).

He's like that older brother that was overachieving, doing great things, your hero, but deep, in the depths of your being you sense a sorrow, or perhaps some sort of off-kilter hindrance or drawback that wasn't really definable but all too real, you witness him smoke a joint at that point in life when ingesting any sort of innocuous drug or spirit is seen as a disaster and his entire mystique and vision shatters into a million shards and you're left to pick up the pieces and realize the blunt reality that no one is perfect :mjcry:

It's just tough to ever admit or be in that position to see these things, because you purposely avoid them :mjcry:

The Weng Bot is holding this team back. Really. I dunno how many times you can paper over cracks until you get some glomby papier-mache mess that is immovable such is its mass.

Last edited:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
english football is such a disease isnt it?

a guy like mitroglu goes to fulham and cant get embedded with the shyt football, gets loaned to a team thats 10x better in olympiakos and scores in the champions league against atletico madrid :heh:

english football is mostly a joke
you do know that fulham bought him from Olympiakos right

that signing was definitively WOAT last season alongside Fellaini

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
you do know that fulham bought him from Olympiakos right

that signing was definitively WOAT last season alongside Fellaini
I know, but it's all economics

Fulham is a 10x smaller club, only that EPL money giving tiny teams an advantage over established powers

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
That has me thinking about another thing that I was reading in this thread today, can we stop talking about players being "CL Quality"?

There are a bunch of shyt teams in the CL. Being CL quality means fukk all.

Unless there levels in terms of CL quality, say, a definite gulf in quality between a team that actually has the players to win it in contrast to a team that, for all intents and purposes has "won" but will never win, like Arsenal.

Daps
honestly fukk wenger, the man has lost the plot. playing his fukkboy wilshere and displacing ozil on the wing.

Screen+Shot+2013-08-18+at+9.33.32+AM.png

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Blessing in disguise :blessed: Jack is his son b, we are building a team for Jack

Go back to 4-2-3-1 and play Ozil and Ramadan in their best roles. Ox out wide, Sanchez on the right, Dat Guy up top. At least DanielNii Tackie gets chances
Its def a blessing, but it sucks.

Its just that I dont think Wumger has any answer.

Nii Tackie tonight tho. :scust: