Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Shambolic

Ferdinand on Moyes: The Best Quotes
  • "On our pre-season tour he told me and a couple of others that he wanted us to play a narrow 4–2–2–2 with the wide players coming inside. I remember thinking: 'Have you not read up on this club’s history? This club was built on wingers. It only goes back about 100 years! Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Steve Coppell, Willie Morgan, George Best... that’s quite a tradition."

• On a video session with Moyes: "Me and Vida [Nemanja Vidić] came out of there and looked at each other. 'I don’t know what the f*** he just asked us to do,' I said."

• "The whole approach was alien. Other times Moyes wanted lots of passing. He’d say: 'Today I want us to have 600 passes in the game. Last week it was only 400.' Who cares? I’d rather score five goals from ten passes!"

• "On the morning of a game we’d spend half an hour on the training ground, drilling to stop [opponents]. There was so much attention to the subject it suddenly became a worry — they must be fukking good at this to have us spend all this time on it."

• "The mixed messages were even worse. Sometimes he’d say, 'I want you to pass the ball.' Other days it was: 'I don’t want you to pass the ball.' What the fukk do you want us to do, man?"

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Any more room available? :mjpls:
OH YEEEEES :wow:

Time to up the Man Utd free daps thread :mjcry:

It's an easy No for me. The economic case for independence has been pretty thoroughly debunked at this point, not that it ever seemed particularly strong to begin with. Setting up a new petrostate in 2016 :dwillhuh::whoa: at least within the UK our exposure to volatility in any particular sector is diluted. Given our inability to predict the future, a bigger and more diverse economy >>>>> a small oil-dependent one.

Some don't care whether or not we'll be worse off economically, instead going with the whole "national identity" thing. Tbh I think it's a bit rich of Scots to want to escape the negative associations with Britishness. To hear some of them tell it, we're a nation of noble hostages who have suffered for centuries under the tyrannical yoke of Westminster. It's pure fantasy. Our lads were out there doing as much dirt as anyone during the Empire days :flabbynsick: and we've been deep in parliament from the year dot.

The argument of "but we sometimes get Tory governments that we didn't vote for" is nonsensical aswell. In an independent Scotland there would be regions that would end up with governments in Edinburgh that they didn't vote for, just the same. So would, say, Inverness have a case for independence from Scoland if they vote Labour but the SNP get in?

Overall, it's a pretty shyte idea tbh.

Well said :tu:
I cannae wait for this to end tbh, fooking sick and tired of having Nicola Sturgeon's face plastered all over my telly :damn:
I support the Scottish independence off the simple fact it will fukk the UK up :mjpls:

Some men just want to watch the world burn
Sq1g4nr.png

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Shambolic
what a clown this Moyes, ONLY 10 years of experience and only 10 years of overachieving with Everton, he clearly didn't learn the fundamentals of coaching during those 10 years

pass, don't pass? shoot, don't shoot?

office_worker_working_late_throwing_paper_in_the_air_IS099L6M8.jpg

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
what a clown this Moyes, ONLY 10 years of experience and only 10 years of overachieving with Everton, he clearly didn't learn the fundamentals of coaching during those 10 years

pass, don't pass? shoot, don't shoot?

office_worker_working_late_throwing_paper_in_the_air_IS099L6M8.jpg
I wouldnt say he overachieved esp with a budget like everton he actually did really well with that team. He went into united that very average squad like cleverly for example. I still think moyes would have done well the squad united has now with di maria and falcao in the picture. The fellani signing hurted him the most and also the fact that he didnt sign any good mid players besides a desperate buy of juan mata(whos really slow for an AM)

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I wouldnt say he overachieved esp with a budget like everton he actually did really well with that team. He went into united that very average squad like cleverly for example. I still think moyes would have done well the squad united has now with di maria and falcao in the picture. The fellani signing hurted him the most and also the fact that he didnt sign any good mid players besides a desperate buy of juan mata(whos really slow for an AM)
thast the problem innit, these united people were so delusional to think what they had was gonna work, it took a horrible 3 games under van gaaLOL to make them realize :ohhh: maybe it wasnt the coach, maybe all our players just suck. then you spend 200 million. i hope they still fail.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
thast the problem innit, these united people were so delusional to think what they had was gonna work, it took a horrible 3 games under van gaaLOL to make them realize :ohhh: maybe it wasnt the coach, maybe all our players just suck. then you spend 200 million. i hope they still fail.
£20m loan for Falcao:mjlol:

They aint even in CL or even europa:deadmanny:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Tbh apart from Di Maria the team still looks a little slow. They might get that work from pacier teams like Arsenal or he'll even Spurs. We'll see though. Falcao is really good but from what I've seen of him he's really good in the box but not necessarily the panacea to their ills all over the field or even on his side

What do I know though :manny:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Tbh apart from Di Maria the team still looks a little slow. They might get that work from pacier teams like Arsenal or he'll even Spurs. We'll see though. Falcao is really good but from what I've seen of him he's really good in the box but not necessarily the panacea to their ills all over the field or even on his side

Will see how they do against top 4 side. I srsly think there defence is a weak point even tho van gaal tossed out the 3 at the back idea. Daley blind still needs time to adjust and falcao is fox in the box type of player like you said. But i dont think they needed him that bad esp for only one season..But hey i guess spending recklessly gives man united fans hope lol

There first real test is gon be against everton so will have to see how they do. Qpr is piss poor squad so im not impressed by united still. Only di maria has impressed so far with his vision. Rooney is done and needs to stick to the bench.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

Nah you're right. Team still looks awful apart from di Maria but he cost 89m or whatever so you'd expect him to make an impact. :manny:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
you still believe those gassed up newspaper figures? :skip:

who you repping anyway you been talking big in here recently, why do i get the feeling that you are one of @Derek Sketer's aliases
Breh i told you this enuff times i support tottenham .. damn nikka you got short term memory loss or some shyt?

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade

Arsenals pacy now? :ohhh: