Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
best comment I've seen:

Still waiting for the Gizmodo feature on how it happened, the Lifehacker feature on how to make sure it doesn't happen to us, the Jezebel feature on how our culture allows males to feel that they can invade any women's privacy, the Gawker feature on how ***** heard about the leaks, along with the TMZ call to get them (come on how much cash/job do you think Harvey was offering) along with the ***** culture that lead to this. Also the Jalopnick feature cross posted to io9 about how in the future in self driving cars people won't be able to get it on just in case someone is watching/ hacking the in car camera/is tech.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Yeah hate-read is probably the most accurate description.

Something that also just popped into my head, my main qualm with a lot of op-eds is that the writing is just flat out boring if anything. I've abandoned a lot of op-eds just because the first couple of sentences put my brain on screensaver mode.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Verlander :flabbynsick:

Dude out here fukking dimes and making videos but putting in zero effort on his strokes. Lazy as fukk :mjlol:

He is a baseball player, so that makes sense :ehh:
I've seen so many people hate on him :laff:

his stroke game, his dikk... fact is, he's an all-star pitcher banging a top model (despite.. you know, etc)

not very impressed with upton, those t*ts are just miracles of course, amazing. but that body type is something else.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
I've seen so many people hate on him :laff:

his stroke game, his dikk... fact is, he's an all-star pitcher banging a top model (despite.. you know, etc)
Jussaying what the fukk is the point of filming a tape if you're not gonna beat that shyt up. Breh just sticking it in like he's bored :laff:

I guess when you fukk dimes every day you don't even feel like trying :whew::ohhh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Yeah hate-read is probably the most accurate description.

Something that also just popped into my head, my main qualm with a lot of op-eds is that the writing is just flat out boring if anything. I've abandoned a lot of op-eds just because the first couple of sentences put my brain on screensaver mode.
i think you've nailed it - people who specialize in these pieces assume i'll read them because they contain opinions, not because they're actually interesting.

and that's like, my opinion, man

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
It's either they're really boring or they are gratingly annoying.

Vice is usually pretty good about consistently being the latter. Like I read that article about Al Sharpton that was making the rounds this past week and the article would've been fine if the author didn't adopt the voice of a whiny little bytch who was acting like Sharpton fukked his bytch (maybe he did :leon:). To be sure I agreed with the general sentiment, that Al Sharpton is a multidimensional daemon that is summoned whenever something terrible befalls the black people of America to leech and publicize his distinct brand in front of a camera. But the way it was written I couldn't fukk with it. Also, the author was white, so another reason to not take it serious.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
It's either they're really boring or they are gratingly annoying.

Vice is usually pretty good about consistently being the latter. Like I read that article about Al Sharpton that was making the rounds this past week and the article would've been fine if the author didn't adopt the voice of a whiny little bytch who was acting like Sharpton fukked his bytch (maybe he did :leon:). To be sure I agreed with the general sentiment, that Al Sharpton is a multidimensional daemon that is summoned whenever something terrible befalls the black people of America to leech and publicize his distinct brand in front of a camera. But the way it was written I couldn't fukk with it. Also, the author was white, so another reason to not take it serious.
a lot of vice reporting is and always has been a bunch of ivy league cacs going ":ohhh: look at these strange and interesting people" type exploitation journalism. Its hard to ignore them because in all fairness they do cover plenty of things others dont but on the other hand there's a distinctly patronizing tone to some of their work, just imo of course :tu:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Falcao on loan.

If if was some 50 mil+ permanent deal i'd be slitting my wrists right now. Loan though i can stomach, essentially swapping Falcao for Hernandez, that's a huge win tbf.

Wouldn't mind us buying someone we need tho ffs...

LOL @ Arsenal tho

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
Really don't understand this.:skip:

Top 3 striker is good and all, but when your forwards are isolated to fukk all with that quality midfield, it really doesn't matter who your striker is/are.

Would've been perfect for Arsenal as well.