Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Weird, I was just thinking about @BarNone the other day in real life and wondered what happened to dude, hadn't seen him post in a minute. But he came in and crushed the buildings in classic BarNone fashion i.e. typing a response in an authoritatively off-putting way (no offense breh, just observation :whoa:)

A sure signal that I spend too much time on here, when random posters and things on here inexplicably spill out in real life. Like today. I randomly thought of @Grams while on my morning jog, I was listening to Jay Electronica We Made It Freestyle and he gets to all that Islam shyte and thought, "I wonder if Grams is really Muslim now :ehh:"

Iooking back now I'm like: :why:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Let me stop you right there. I'm not feeding into, I'm predicting, and saying why I no longer care about the situation because the outcome is entirely predictable. This will only ask the same questions, this will only provide the same answers. Todays revelation was the door shutting on this being a chance for any sort of new conclusion because it's going to be a cycle of the same talking points.

It's a waste of time. fukk Mike Brown :manny: Of the millions of issues facing black people in this country, how about we pick one to rally around that doesn't begin with a strong-armed robbery so people don't have such a ridiculously easy reason to dance about the real problem again. Please? :ld:

And of course I'm making lazy comparisons. I'm posting stream of consciousness exasperations from work in a post-post-modern soccer thread b :heh:
:manny: No energy to argue. Agree to disagree.

Arsenal >>>

That is all. @penfield I just say things straight up in my nonchalant manner and my tone of voice doesn't carry through the net. To the contrary, I'm like the least offensive person in real life :russ:. I gave up on trying to clear it up online though because people get mad when you disagree with closely held opinions regardless.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
A sure signal that I spend too much time on here, when random posters and things on here inexplicably spill out in real life. Like today. I randomly thought of @Grams while on my morning jog, I was listening to Jay Electronica We Made It Freestyle and he gets to all that Islam shyte and thought, "I wonder if Grams is really Muslim now :ehh:"

Iooking back now I'm like: :why:

I called a white friend of mine a cac last week and he was like :why: I have to admit, it doesn't roll off the tongue the same way it comes off a keyboard. I have a feeling I'll accidentally call something wavey in real life too and it'll disappoint :to:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Apparently Phantogram's blown up in popularity over the last 8 months. When I saw them in December they didn't sell out until a week before the show. Yesterday they announced a second show in October at the same venue because demand is so high. Tried to buy tickets and I foolishly didn't realize that meant they already sold out the first show. :ohhh:

Makes sense tho; I'm hearing their songs in commercials more this year. Hopefully thwy don't sell out and become wack like The Black Keys did. :lupe:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Premier League tomorrow morning :blessed:

#EvertonSet

tomorrow will be my first time watching a game :troll:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
i think i just need to let him go :to:

yeah i agree, i only want them to loan nastasic out so he gets his fitness back. theres no way hes playing over mangala or pelligrinis favorite demichellis. what do you think about the money city recouped from rodwell and garcia? i definitely wasnt expecting that

was good money, especially since we got screwed when we sold Balotelli and tevez. I heard Arsenal is in for Nastasic at 15m....I'd be pissed if we sell him to another EPL club...

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I called a white friend of mine a cac last week and he was like :why: I have to admit, it doesn't roll off the tongue the same way it comes off a keyboard. I have a feeling I'll accidentally call something wavey in real life too and it'll disappoint :to:

Yeah I've said "cacs gon cac" in my head, never in real life speech though.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/5lfd

ultimate premier league radio preview from BBC 5 Live is out if anyone wants to listen. 2 hours long.

Premier League Preview - 15 Aug 14
Fri, 15 Aug 14

Duration:
112 mins

Available:
7 days remaining

Darren Fletcher is joined by former Manchester City defender Danny Mills, former Manchester United & Everton player Phil Neville and the Times' Rory Smith to preview start of the Premier League season. We'll hear from Jose Mourinho, Louis Van Gaal, Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey, West Brom defender Jonas Olson, Everton's Roberto Martinez and Crystal Palace caretaker manager Keith Millen ahead of the premier league getting under way.