Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
No more watching Verms wonder forward with the ball at his feet and an immense quantity of confidence rushing through his veins... only to have the ball nicked from him and the defense split wide open while he sprints back, 2 steps behind, just in time to watch an attacking player smoothly finish a 1v1 opportunity on a keeper.

:ahh:

If Chambers keeps up his preseason form, Kos' propensity of red cards from the last 20 or so months won't be such a worry in the next match. Arsenal will still have 2 CBs capable of holding a line and not leeroy jones'ing it. So long, and thanks for the goals you scored when venturing forward worked out for you TV5.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Over the years with rap I've steadily realized that some artists are invariably tainted because white people like them too much.

Notorious BIG, Tribe, GangStarr, off the top.

Like listening to any of those artists just seems so unbearably corny because white people love them so much. I can't imagine listening to Tribe or Biggie ever again honestly :dead:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I feel that way about Tupac sometimes. Prime DMX is almost un-listenable to me now.

Tribe is probably the only act I give a pass towards. Their music was so ill. :ohlawd:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I was thinking about Tribe. Some of those acts, when they were poppin for older people that was a particular context, and I can't put it any other way but just black people listening collectively to something and it being amazing.

For me and others we discovered Tribe, BIG, PAC, Wu Tang etc as just lame ass fragmented suburban kids.

So looking back on it now it's extra cringeworthy, for me at least. There was never really the sense of the collective or any of that, which is important in music, the communal aspect of it.

But that's with everything now. All our consumptions are fragmented and specialized and nuanced.

And now we're at an entirely different level. Now I have my own music choices, my own film choices, trying to talk to anyone about culture in Denver you'd think I was from a different fukking planet. Partially why I want to move away :shaq2:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Thats a good point about how you discovered them. Im an old ass man so I remember hearing Tribe on the radio as a kid, and seeing Scenario on The Box. (:flabbynsick:)

I get what you are saying though. My context is different tho. When I see a majority of corny white people rocking with an act, I get disgusted with that act and lose my feel for them. DMX is the best example for me. He got too big and got too many soulless white fans, and I just stopped feeling him. (this was way back when too)

TBH, its not much different in the DC area unless you in certain circles. (talking about culture)

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with you on pac, although i've recently started listening to some songs off of the 7 day theory again nd brehs :whew: some of those songs are fuccing special...the energy that exudes from blasphemy :wow: and plus pac said some stuff on that album from a perspective that sets him apart from others...just stuff to make you :dwillhuh: when you actually take the time to think about it.

I can't give you biggie though :upsetfavre: the man was way too talented technically to ever be completely written off, its just so hard to listen to his stuff because we've all heard every song he did a billion times because of his lack of an extensive discography

Wu tang group albums from wu forever onwards and liquid swords

Big L

Tribe

De La Soul

These are the groups/artists that white people have ruined for me...thank fucc they never realised OB4CL is a top 10 hip hop album ever :blessed:

Edit

I just read the convo and i get what you guys are saying and you're making good points...for me its a bit different as i grew up with this stuff via my sister and older cousins who i looked up to so i never really experienced that type of thing until later on with the '00's artists because when you're a kid you live surface level in a very small and controlled social bubble

Last edited:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
TBH, its not much different in the DC area unless you in certain circles. (talking about culture)

That's pretty disheartening tbh

fukk. It's not even I need a bunch of new friends that are into the same shyt as me. As always it boils down to having a woman that relates and can realize where I'm coming from. Like that movie The Master. For all its smoke and mirrors, all my nikka Freddie Quell needed was a woman and some random sex that has potential. I'm not necessarily on that level, but fukk I can relate. ON ONE HAND.

I still give Pac a pass, strictly because of his energy that goes beyond corny white dudes feeling him. But that stems back to one time I was at a bar and I was heavily listening to All Eyez on Me and I had Can't C Me and Heartz of Men on repeat for like a month, which was honestly kinda scary. I was ready to die and fight over anything despite the fact that I am like 160 lbs on a good day and I've never been in a fight in my life.

I was fukking retarded back in the day.

Nowadays, I'm much calmer lol.

I rarely ever listen to rap which I realized made me angry and energized. Why? I dunno. It just had that effect on me.

Nowadays, I'm much more interested in things that sound alright.
Like this. I'm convinced this is the best song ever, it just hits on so many emotions :to:

There's no pretense. No proving ground. Like this is it. Do what you will with it. But if I had to listen to this song for the rest of my life, I'd be alright with it.

Last edited:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Though on a completely unrelated and different note, fukk that move The Big Chill which I think @horse. kills would have something to say about for some reason.

A bunch of baby boomer ass fukkers who were handed the world and sacrificed their ideals for money and soulless yuppieism so the rest of us could rot and they could play only the most well known Motown hits, make money and watch the world burn and see us in the position we are in now. fukkers. fukk that movie in the face until it dies. Seriously. I don't even care that Goldblum is in it.

I watched that shyt today and was about to throw my laptop through the window.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Growing up I actually kind of hated Tupac at one point because my older brother was such a stan. The breh was obsessed, it's cringe-worthy looking back now.

And then I pretty much did the same with Nas :mjlol:I've listened to It Was Written more times than I'm willing to admit: I played the shyt out of that album.

But to be completely honest, I've always had more of a superficial interest in music. I can and have gone days and weeks without listening to any music of my own accord. I have about 25 songs on my phone and 4 on my laptop (just checked). All my old CDs? They're long gone. I had a lot of stuff saved on my old YouTube channel but shut that down about 2 years ago. I had mad playlists on there but now I can't even remember 80% of them shyts I listened to. I know one of them was some song @Don Rhymus linked on SOHH, some band called Air France or something? I liked that. :ehh:

My favourite song right now is:

Had that on repeat for a couple days. She's bad as fukk too so that helps :noah:

BOBN

Pro
Daps
The former promoter of heavyweight boxing champion Lennox Lewis has shocked the sporting world by coming out as transgender.

Frank Maloney, 61, stunned boxing fans when he revealed in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Mirror that he is a living as a woman called Kellie – and is preparing to undergo sex reassignment surgery.

In a candid interview, Kellie bravely explained how she had always felt she had ‘a female brain’ but was unable to come out because of fears of how the macho world of boxing would respond.

‘I was born in the wrong body and I have always known I was a woman,’ she said.

‘I can’t keep living in the shadows, that is why I am doing what I am today. Living with the burden any longer would have killed me.’

Lennox knew :mjpls:

Frank-Maloney-reacts-to-a-replay-of-a-Lennox-Lewis-knockout.jpg

The revelation is more surprising after controversial comments about sexual minorities made by Maloney while standing for UKIP in the 2010 General Election.

Maloney angered the LGBT community and was branded ‘a dangerous extremist’ when he told the BBC that he would not campaign in Camden because there were ‘too many gays…I don’t think they do a lot for society’.
:mjlol:

Brehs do too much